Habitica is a free habit-building and productivity app that uses retro RPG elements to gamify your tasks and goals.
Use Habitica to help with ADHD, self care, New Year’s resolutions, household chores, work tasks, creative projects, fitness goals, back-to-school routines, and more!
How it works:
Create an avatar then add tasks, chores, or goals you’d like to work on. When you do something in real life, check it off in the app and receive gold, experience, and items that can be used in-game!
• Automatically repeating tasks scheduled for your daily, weekly, or monthly routines
• Flexible habit tracker for tasks you want to do multiple times a day or only once in awhile
• Traditional to do list for tasks that only need to be done once
• Color coded tasks and streak counters help you see how you’re doing at a glance
• Leveling system to visualize your overall progress
• Tons of collectable gear and pets to suit your personal style
• Inclusive avatar customizations: wheelchairs, hair styles, skin tones, and more
• Regular content releases and seasonal events to keep things fresh
• Parties let you team up with friends for extra accountability and battle fierce foes by completing tasks
• Challenges offer shared task lists you can add to your personal tasks
• Guilds let you connect with others that share your interests and goals
• Reminders and widgets to help keep you on track
• Customizable color themes with dark and light mode
• Syncing across devices
Habitica is an open-source app run by a small team that’s made better by the work of volunteers who contribute pixel art, translations, bug fixes, and more. If you’d like to contribute, reach out!
Community, privacy, and transparency are important to us. Your tasks are private and we don’t sell your personal data to third parties.
Check out our instagram or twitter(@habitica) for the latest news, announcements, and feature spotlights!
Habitica can be fully enjoyed for free, but if you would like to help support us, we offer optional in-app purchases and subscriptions. If you choose to purchase a subscription, payment will be charged to your Apple account only when you confirm your purchase.
There are four types of optional Habitica subscriptions: $4.99 every month; $14.99 every three months; $29.99 every six months; and $47.99 every year, which is a 20% discount! (Prices may vary by location.) Subscriptions renew automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal in your Apple Account Settings after purchase. Thanks for choosing Habitica!
New in 3.8:
It’s easier than ever to party up with our newest feature: Look for Party and Find Members!
- Solo players can let Party leaders know they want an invite by going to Menu > Party and tapping ‘Look for Party’
- Party leaders can see players looking for Party by tapping ‘Find Members’ on the Party screen and send invites from the list
- Visual updates to the Party screen
- Contributor status will show in Party member lists
- Better error handling when the keyboard is up
- Fixed an issue where Japanese wasn’t showing collection item counts
- Fixed an issue where some new players couldn’t complete the beginning objectives
Ratings and Reviews
A brilliant app, but for me, Buggy
I absolutely love this app. For both me and my partner, it has inspired genuine change. I love the concept, and think it’s really nicely executed, it has helped me establish and keep up genuine habits! The only problem I am finding, is that it’s buggy. I will regularly load the app, and it won’t have caught up from the day before. I tick off habits, that will then disappear and re-appear at random points. For a day, I lost my entire character, and with it all my to-do’s / habits. Thankfully they all came back, but the other bugs still continue. Hoping it can get patched out, but I feel performance does need improving a little. Would be 15 out of 5 stars if that was the case.
Really great app and concept, needs more content
This app was really helpful when i first started it made doing tasks very rewarding, but now once i’ve got to a higher level, getting exp and levelling up doesn’t feel as rewarding as its sort of become routine and levels don’t really mean as much when you’ve already levelled up many times. And bosses don’t that challenging when you complete all dailies. I feel like the game needs more content and stuff to do/complete/unlock to make it consistently rewarding even at higher levels. Perhaps something like dungeons with exclusive rewards which require a certain amount of tasks to be done in a limited time or in one day to open doors, or a certain number of habits. Maybe some animations and backgrounds could be cool too when you deal damage to a boss, to make the game more stimulating. I really do love the concept and think it can be very successful if you struggle with productivity, but i feel more can be done to gamify it further to make doing tasks just as rewarding as a video game.
I never write reviews for apps but this is a really really funky concept for an app to be honest. I love games, especially ones where I can level up, gain experience, have my own avatar & generally feel like I’m being rewarded for my efforts
My psychology is really weird, when I compete a task normally, I don’t get any gratification from it instantly, example, going to the gym, but I’m still not ripped yet lol. By going to the gym now, I can actually gain experience for doing it which makes me feel like I have been rewarded for doing it, thus making we want to do it again
I’ve only had the app for a couple of days but I love it, I’m going to continue using it, invite some friends to I keep myself accountable & try to make the most out of it!
I would recommend to anyone who just struggles to find the motivation to do something, I’ve been a long lover of games since I was a kid (and I will be for many many many more years to come) and it’s just something about this app that does it for me, it’s pleasant, user friendly & really well presented.
All of the reviews you see about the app being “buggy” or “glitchy”, I’ve not encountered any bugs or glitches as of yet, everything worked incredibly well!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- HabitRPG, Inc.
- 46.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2015 HabitRPG Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Subscription £4.99
- 4 Gems £0.99
- 21 Gems £4.99
- 3 Months Subscription £14.49
- 42 Gems £9.99
- 12 Months Subscription £45.99
- 84 Gems £19.99
- For 1 Month £4.99
- 6 Months Subscription £28.49
- For 3 Months £14.99
Get things done within this app using just your voice.