Form good habits (and break bad ones) with a quick dashboard. Instantly know where you are awesome and where you need to focus. Get reminders to keep you on track. Add motivational photos to inspire you.
Habits is the only app that lets you see the full history of all of your habits in an easy to use way. The Habit score represents your full history in a 0-100 score with your current activity counting more than your past. Doing your habit on time and more often increases your score.
Unlike a recurring event in your calendar, a habit doesn't have to be done at an exact time and keeping these items separate means your calendar won't be cluttered.
Whether you're trying to Get Things Done, Sharpen the Saw (from Seven Habits of Highly Effective People) or keep a Seinfeld Calendar (of streaks), Habits is the perfect application for you.
- The home screen shows a sorted list of habits (in the order you should do them)
- Habits will make sure you get a notification of a habit that needs to be done, even if you aren't running the app (new in 2.0) and with photos on iOS 10 (new in 3.0.1)
- For each habit, get a report on how well you are doing, as well as a calendar view with full history (rotate the phone when looking at a habit)
- Skip a habit, and have Habits remind you the next time you have to do it.
- Pause a habit (for vacations or business trips) and not have it count against you.
- Keeps track of your longest and current streak
- Get Help within the application.
- Notifications show the motivating photo on iOS 10+
- Habits can be multi-line on the home page (finally!)
- More options for when photos are shown (see settings)
- Lots of little bugfixes
Ratings and Reviews
Could be better
I like this app but it could be so much better. First, it takes far too many clicks to record something as simple as "I just did something". Second, I can't set habits any longer than a every month. I need something to remind me to clean the Dyson hoover every five or 6 months, take my son to the dentist.... so some kind of way of setting these longer term habits would be appreciated. Finally, there are also things I need to do in particular months of the year (pruning, bulb planting). Now I could use a calendar but I'd have to set up an appointment to repeat every day for an entire month just to remind me to do the daffodils, you get my drift. You could have habits that were organised by the seasons. Then you'd have a really good application. It is useful though.
Not motivating enough
This is a nice little app for checking off repeating To Dos and already established habits, but to fulfil it's potential to facilitate developing and mainting new habits it needs some kind of visual record of progress...like a graph...to sustain motivation. Without this kind of feature I ran out of steam and stopped using it pretty quickly.
Great for remembering recurring tasks.
Great little app to handle all those recurring tasks that often get forgotten but would clutter up the calendar if placed there. Would be nice to have a few more/more detailed options for timing tasks (e.g. Every Monday instead of every week) but certainly not vital. Hopefully using this app will mean I no longer forget to water my plants.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.