If you enjoyed the award winning Hairy Letters you'll love Hairy Phonics.
After learning the alphabet the next step is the introduction of consonant digraphs -
where two consonants join together and make one sound.
- Learn 9 phonemes (sounds): sh, ch, th, ck, ff, ll, ss, zz, ng.
- Guides your child through a structured sequence of learning.
- Phonic animations link an action with the sound.
- Trace the letters with your finger.
- Play games to blend the phonemes into a whole word.
- Save all the Hairies and see them dance.
Hairy Phonics develops phonemic awareness.
This is a particularly important skill for those with dyslexia.
“Must-have learning app” - iOS App Lists
Designed for 4-6 years.
Nessy apps have no advertisements or in-app purchasing.
bug fixes and updates for iOS
Ratings and Reviews
This app was a rip off, the app was 3.99 and for the amount of content I am extremely dissapointed. Absolutely not worth the money. What a shame!
Keeps freezing. Just cost me money for something that won't get past the first phonic. Do not buy!
Great for learning phonics
My kids loved the first Hairy app and were excited to play this one. It didn't disappoint as they really enjoyed it. It has a different game to the first one where you build a word for the Hairy guy to slide over. It was over quite quickly but held their attention and they learned more sounds and words.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.