*** App Store GAME OF THE DAY ***
*Recommended devices: iPhone 6S or newer, iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 4 or newer, due to 2GB RAM requirement
*** App Store Game Of The Day ***
*** Winner Best PC Game - DIGI Awards 2016 ***
*** Runner Up Best Indie Game - CVGAs 2016 ***
An epic space strategy RPG with base building, deep tactical combat, crew management, alien diplomacy, and emergent storytelling.
This Lightspeed Edition is a massively enhanced version of the Award Winning indie strategy RPG, Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander.
About Halcyon 6
On the edge of Terran space lies Halcyon 6, a derelict starbase left behind by a mysterious precursor race. Your mission is to reclaim the derelict station and rebuild it.A mysterious alien force is making a beeline towards Earth and this starbase is the best chance for the New Terran Federation to establish new alliances, research new technologies and otherwise figure out a way to stop the impending invasion.
Using only the resources you can salvage from the derelict station and gathered from nearby star systems, it’s up to you to rebuild the starbase to lead the Terran Republic’s scientific research, exploration and diplomatic efforts on the edge of known space.
Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition is a passion project whose design is inspired by our years spent playing classic games like Star Control, Master of Orion, X-COM, Civilization and new classics like FTL.
- Base Building: spend resources to build station facilities (rooms) to enhance your production and technological capabilities, or build ships to help you control more territory
- Exploration: assign your fleets to nearby star clusters, where they can handle emerging enemy threats, do missions for alien factions or secure bonus resources
- Crew Management: assign crew to station facilities to greatly improve their output efficiency, or to ships where they can contribute in unique ways to combat, missions and events
- Deep Tactical Combat: fight tactical ship or ground battles to resolve hostile events, create a foothold in the sector and ultimately defeat the enemy mothership!
- Story Events: based on game criteria like rooms-built, alien diplomacy scores or officer traits/skills, the game will produce story events (often with multiple choice outcomes) that can lead to combat, time-related applied bonuses/negatives, officer attribute changes or any number of crazy in-game stories.
Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition brings together the original Halcyon 6 base game along with all of the additional content (Combat & Customization, Diplomatic Diversions, Loot’em Up, and Morale Booster updates) released since launch in Sept 2016 as well as brand new Lightspeed Edition optimizations and features as follows:
- Greatly speeds up progression and tightens the campaign to an action and adventure packed 12 hrs depending on your play style and pace
Streamlined All Systems
- For faster progression, including economy, starbase, resources, and officer levelling.
New Officer Progression System
With 6 subclasses, 3 Prestige classes, new skill tree, and over 20+ new Prestige/Epic powers.
New Ship Loadout and Config Screen
- Will let you customize loadouts (and save them) for your ships just before entering combat
New Difficulty Mode
- Called Vice Admiral and slightly increased difficulty across the board
- Includes 25+ new alien faction space combat abilities, more combos for both players and enemies, increased faction weaknesses and resistances, and other balancing tweaks
New UI Overhaul
- Designed for greater readability and usability. Many many UI quality of life enhancements to all areas of the game, too many to list here.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Thank you for your ratings and reviews, making us App Store's Game of the Day!
Your support helps us to continually improve the game!
- Fixed stability issues caused by frequent reloading
- Various optimization improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Brilliant game with plenty of hours of play time and is good enough to do multiple run throughs, love the upgrade trees, base and fleet building and the fact that having a strategy actually makes a difference, only a few bugs but nothing major avatar pictures get white boxed also when you have to many officers toward the end of the game becomes difficult to select them as there behind other buttons, only things I could say would perhaps make the officers looks fully customisable all in all though epic and definitely needs expansions with carry over officers so the hard work isn’t for nothing
Absorbing fun gameplay
Don’t take any notice of the negative comments, if this is your genre of game play, you’re going to love it. From the micro management of tweaking stats, weapon load outs, customising ship and crew, researching new tech, upgrades and battles in space, you have the overall strategy of taking over the galaxy! So good that it’s convinced me to upgrade my iPad to play!! Although perfectly playable on an iPhone XR, I would like the graphics a little bigger, but this is down to my eyes and not a fault of the game. Keep you entertained for many, many hours.
Good game to chill and relax
Gave this title a 5* based on graphics, story and mechanics overall (basically all we players want? Right?) has not crashed for me (yet) after several hours of game play in both my devices (ipad Air2 and iphone xs Max) my only concern here is.. cloud storage... I dont think it is supported anymore? As well as “the shop” but, a game wort the £6/£7 ... happy with my purchase.
The developer, Massive Damage, Inc., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Massive Damage, Inc.
- 1.3 GB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2016 Massive Damage, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.