**With official hazard perception clips from DVSA, the Hazard Perception Test comes to iPhone iPad and iPod touch.**
Practice your hazard perception test with the video clips produced by Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency.
We have included total 11 clips in the app which are -
1. Introduction to Hazard Perception Test
2. Watch out for the vehicle emerging from the opposite side near the tunnel.
3. Watch for young cyclists emerging from the junction.
4. Watch for Car Driving Learner coming from the junction.
5. Watch for the pedestrians crossing the road.
6. Watch out for the Heavy vehicle emerging from junction.
7. Watch out for the vehicle emerging from junction.
8. Watch for the cyclist changing the lane.
9. Watch for the heavy vehicle emerging from junction.
10. Watch for small goods vehicle coming from the junction.
11. Watch for opposite car changing the lane near water logging on the road.
The app has been designed carefully to replicate the same experience you will have in the real test. When in test mode, tap on the screen when you identify the hazard. The sooner you identify the hazard the more marks you get. The maximum marks being five and minimum would be zero.
The app also shows you the best and the worst score for each clip. Of course, you can reset the scores from settings screen.
If you want to know whats going to happen in the clip, you can turn on the "Clue" from settings screen and the clue will be shown right below the description of the clip.
• Crown copyright material reproduced under licence from the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency and the controller of HMSO which does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of the reproduction.
With new and latest videos.
Ratings and Reviews
Good practice - time lags make scoring worthless
I have purchased both HPT from your company. I am an experienced driver (over 25 years) taking theory for M/C. The time lag from screen press to flag on the iPhone is so long that even if you spot at inception you get a poor score. And the point at which the hazard is deemed to be one is rather arbitrary in some (details hidden so as not to spoil. Finally in one of clips the score starts counting just before the hazard is visible - clearly clairvoyance is required!!
Not a bad app for getting used to HPT methods, but rather poor for assessing your skill! Would rate 4 if lag could be sorted; would rate 5 if as well there were not duplicate clips in HPT 1 and HPT 2
Awful - waste of money
Videos are awful.
One video you need to spot a blur in the distance.
Another you don't need to spot it until it's nearly under your wheel!
You only have a chance if you know the hazard they are looking for in each clip and exactly when they want you to click the button
(I passed my actual hazard perception first time. Simply reviewing this for my motorcycle theory but it's a waste of time and money.)
Only has 10 movies to do very pooh no worth the money I paid for joke really
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.