Watch, pause, and record Live TV with your HDHomeRun and HDHomeRun iOS app.
This app requires iOS 11 or newer.
* This app requires an HDHomeRun tuner present on your local area network
* Update to the latest release
The HDHomeRun app requires an HDHomeRun tuner to watch Live TV on your iPad, iPhone, or iPad Touch.
• Compatible HDHomeRun device:
HDHomeRun CONNECT, EXTEND, EXPAND, or PRIME
Legacy model HDHomeRuns like the DUAL will support Live TV streaming; however, DVR is not supported.
• Reliable high speed Wi-Fi network
• iOS 11 or newer
• Live TV (cable TV and over-the-air) viewing on your iPhone or iPad
• Pause/FF/RW support to live TV. DVR not required to use this feature.
• Supports HD channels
• Cable TV and OTA.
• No external player needed
• Fast Channel changes
• Intuitive UI and OSD to control closed caption, audio tracks, and zoom with a single tap
• What’s on now and what’s on next guide data
• Program images, show cards, and channel logos
• Program progress bar
• Consolidated list of channels (for user with both Cable and ATSC tuners).
• Does NOT require an always on computer
• Full 14 day guide data for DVR users / Non-DVR users get 24 hour guide data
* Guide data and images are officially licensed by Gracenote
* The HDHomeRun app does not work outside of your home network. Your iPhone or iPad must be connected to the same local network as your HDHomeRun tuner.
For questions, concerns, bug reports, and feature requests, contact us on via email firstname.lastname@example.org or on the HDHomeRun forums: www.silicondust.com/forum
Fix for audio issue on some ATSC3 channels
Fix for video issue seen on some ATSC3 channels
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great simple App
Like it. It’s just a pity I can’t access the app remotely via to my vpn. I hope such a feature gets introduced then it would be perfect.
Score A for effort, but the UI still needs some attention
This app is almost perfect for watching TV through my HDHomeRun unit on both iPhone and iPad, and it has been improving steadily over the years. It is now far more stable than it used to be, and crashes are rare - indeed my only significant criticism now is of the user interface, which on IOS is clumsy and not particularly intuitive, and can be unpredictably unreliable in how it will respond to any given touch. Its efforts at presenting EPG info are novel and welcome, if perhaps not the best implemented, as it is here that unpredictable touch responses are most prevalent. That said, the UI tries to do a lot, and at least has the merit of being inventive!
One very small niggle is that on starting the app it will always tune to the last selected channel. This may cause a delay of up to 10 secs or so before one can tune to another channel. It would be nice to have an option to resume or select a channel on startup.
Exactly what I was looking for
I've used HDHomerun tuners with windows in the past and was impressed with it then. Even more so now with iOS compatibility. It's fluid, great picture quality and love the new intuitive interface. Even let's me pause on my laptop and resume on my iPad. I'm looking at adding a second Connect tuner to expand the number of simultaneous viewing/recording streams for my TV hungry family!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SiliconDust USA Inc
- 15.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018-2020 Silicondust Inc. Guide data and images officially licensed by Gracenote. HDHomeRun and the green logo are registered trademarks of Silicondust Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.