Watch, pause, and record Live TV with your HDHomeRun and HDHomeRun iOS app.
This app requires iOS 11 or newer.
* This app requires an HDHomeRun tuner present on your local area network
* Update to the latest release
The HDHomeRun app requires an HDHomeRun tuner to watch Live TV on your iPad, iPhone, or iPad Touch.
• Compatible HDHomeRun device:
HDHomeRun CONNECT, EXTEND, EXPAND, or PRIME
Legacy model HDHomeRuns like the DUAL will support Live TV streaming; however, DVR is not supported.
• Reliable high speed Wi-Fi network
• iOS 11 or newer
• Live TV (cable TV and over-the-air) viewing on your iPhone or iPad
• Pause/FF/RW support to live TV. DVR not required to use this feature.
• Supports HD channels
• Cable TV and OTA.
• No external player needed
• Fast Channel changes
• Intuitive UI and OSD to control closed caption, audio tracks, and zoom with a single tap
• What’s on now and what’s on next guide data
• Program images, show cards, and channel logos
• Program progress bar
• Consolidated list of channels (for user with both Cable and ATSC tuners).
• Does NOT require an always on computer
• Full 14 day guide data for DVR users / Non-DVR users get 24 hour guide data
* Guide data and images are officially licensed by Gracenote
* The HDHomeRun app does not work outside of your home network. Your iPhone or iPad must be connected to the same local network as your HDHomeRun tuner.
For questions, concerns, bug reports, and feature requests, contact us on via email firstname.lastname@example.org or on the HDHomeRun forums: www.silicondust.com/forum
* Crash fix playing AAC/ADTS audio
* Synchronise 59.94 fps to 60fps for smoother playback
* ATSC3 subtitles
Ratings and Reviews
Disappointed with Apple TV App
This review is for the Apple TV app the iOS App doesn’t have these issues.
I’m aware it’s just been released but they should have tested this in the real world first. It’s very buggy using the Live Guide sometimes crash’s the App, the time bar is incorrect during playback, FF and REW are terrible there is no timeline so you have no idea where you are in the program and it only skips it doesn’t fast forward. You can’t record anything only play what been recorded via another App. There are too many other issues to list.
I can see this has a lot of potential but it has a long way to go.
Streams to iPhone X no issue but unable to change to different channel. Tap screen and nothing happens.
Exactly what I was looking for
I've used HDHomerun tuners with windows in the past and was impressed with it then. Even more so now with iOS compatibility. It's fluid, great picture quality and love the new intuitive interface. Even let's me pause on my laptop and resume on my iPad. I'm looking at adding a second Connect tuner to expand the number of simultaneous viewing/recording streams for my TV hungry family!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SiliconDust USA Inc
- 16 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018-2021 Silicondust Inc. Guide data and images officially licensed by Gracenote. HDHomeRun and the green logo are registered trademarks of Silicondust Inc.