Watch, pause, and record Live TV with your HDHomeRun and HDHomeRun iOS app.
This app requires iOS 11 or newer.
* This app requires an HDHomeRun tuner present on your local area network
* Update to the latest release
The HDHomeRun app requires an HDHomeRun tuner to watch Live TV on your iPad, iPhone, or iPad Touch.
• Compatible HDHomeRun device:
HDHomeRun CONNECT, EXTEND, EXPAND, or PRIME
Legacy model HDHomeRuns like the DUAL will support Live TV streaming; however, DVR is not supported.
• Reliable high speed Wi-Fi network
• iOS 11 or newer
• Live TV (cable TV and over-the-air) viewing on your iPhone or iPad
• Pause/FF/RW support to live TV. DVR not required to use this feature.
• Supports HD channels
• Cable TV and OTA.
• No external player needed
• Fast Channel changes
• Intuitive UI and OSD to control closed caption, audio tracks, and zoom with a single tap
• What’s on now and what’s on next guide data
• Program images, show cards, and channel logos
• Program progress bar
• Consolidated list of channels (for user with both Cable and ATSC tuners).
• Does NOT require an always on computer
• Full 14 day guide data for DVR users / Non-DVR users get 24 hour guide data
* Guide data and images are officially licensed by Gracenote
* The HDHomeRun app does not work outside of your home network. Your iPhone or iPad must be connected to the same local network as your HDHomeRun tuner.
For questions, concerns, bug reports, and feature requests, contact us on via email firstname.lastname@example.org or on the HDHomeRun forums: www.silicondust.com/forum
* Fix problems playing some 4k channels.
* Improvements to device discovery.
Ratings and Reviews
Getting there, but some stability problems
This app is almost perfect for watching TV through my HDHomeRun unit on both iPhone and iPad. However it is not, in my opinion, yet sufficiently stable to justify the 5 stars I would like to give it.
A sample of the problems.
* From time to time it will crash on startup. This is a persistent problem, and the solution is to remove the app and reinstall it. I associate this with having just installed an app update! The last time this problem occurred, I noticed that the HDHomeRun app on my iMac also crashed on startup, but once I had fixed the iPad (by reinstallation) the iMac worked perfectly!!!
* occasionally it will crash whilst viewing, and sometimes it is necessary to restart the device to resolve this.
* occasionally the channel list will display as a column of tiny icons in the centre of the screen. Tapping the screen will toggle between this mode, and the same icons on the RH edge of the screen. This usually also requires a reinstall of the app to fix it.
* it does not cope well with glitches in its network traffic, and usually has to be restarted once a glitch has occurred.
One little niggle is that on starting the app it will always tune to the channel it was on last time it was stopped. This may cause a delay of up to 10 secs or so before one can tune to another channel. It would be better to have an option to resume or select a channel on startup.
Poor app and poor support
My home network is a little more complex than average. I have a separation between wifi and wired. I therefore expected the app's auto-discovery to fail but then it gives you no option to put in an IP address or URL or anything. Support suggested that I completely reconfigure my network and then closed the call! They wouldn't even say what traffic needed to be allowed through a firewall (I found that in a forum entry).
I found InstaTV to be much better and would recommend it to anyone with the same issues.
Exactly what I was looking for
I've used HDHomerun tuners with windows in the past and was impressed with it then. Even more so now with iOS compatibility. It's fluid, great picture quality and love the new intuitive interface. Even let's me pause on my laptop and resume on my iPad. I'm looking at adding a second Connect tuner to expand the number of simultaneous viewing/recording streams for my TV hungry family!
- SiliconDust USA Inc
- 14.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Silicondust Inc. Guide data and images officially licensed by Gracenote. HDHomeRun and the green logo are registered trademarks of Silicondust Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.