Health Swap is a new healthy living app that makes living a healthier lifestyle easier. The App allows people with Down's syndrome and their carers to improve their quality of living through healthier eating and activity tracking, whilst also improving their digital skills and capabilities.
Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is a really great idea and I am finding it mostly very useful with my almost 18 year old daughter with Down syndrome. There are a few things that niggle though such as not being able to swap out options once you’ve added them without deleting all of your week, the calculations for multiple meals are way out e.g jelly mousse for 4 people - 4 packets of jelly and 40 oz of yoghurt? I think that assumes that she would see that that is an error rather than make 4 pints of jelly? and also that after filling out 3 days worth of meals (which is quite time consuming) and completing her profile we got up today had a look at the app to see what’s for breakfast and everything other than her name has been reset ☹️
I really hope that these things can be looked into because we love this idea and She thoroughly enjoyed making the honey mustard chicken last night and ate the lot... even the veg!!
Easy to use and well thought out!
- layout and operation are clear & easy
- badges are a great incentive and are awarded frequently to sustain engagement/motivation
- ingredients & recipes are supported with pictures; they are easy to follow with simple, step by step instructions
- ‘rate mood’ option is a good addition to assess emotions over time
- exercise, weight and food can be tracked easily
- like so many recipes, additional things are sometimes added as garnishes/decorations that don’t appear in the recipe (eg berries alongside pancakes). It might be nice to include a way of presenting food and suggestions for things you can serve it with in later updates?
Needs an iPad version
This is a great idea and has been designed well.
But as some people with Down’s Syndrome have sight and dexterity problems, an iPad version would be a good idea.
This version does run on an iPad but doesn’t scale up correctly. Your developer should be able to fix this easily.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.