HealthUnlocked is the world’s largest social network for health, connecting people with the same health needs and chronic conditions to each other. Our network is made up of over 700 communities built around health and wellbeing needs, to help you find credible information, peer-support and advice about your health challenge. Whether you're managing a serious condition, working on improving your wellbeing or caring for a loved one; we have a community for you.
The Communities app is a lite version of our social networking platform, designed to make it easier for you to find and interact with your HealthUnlocked communities on the go.
*Get answers from those who understand
*Share experiences and access peer-support and advice 24/7
*Find others like you
- Find chronic health support networks to help you manage your condition. Our network covers over 300 conditions and illnesses such as Asthma, Lupus, Cancer and Mental Health Disorders
- Join a fitness or nutrition community to help you stay on track of your health needs
- See latest posts and updates from communities you follow in your newsfeed
- Read and compose new posts to your communities
- Compose and respond to private messages
- Get notifications about your posts on the go
- Control your privacy settings from the app
HealthUnlocked partners with leading global nonprofits who act as the moderators of our communities; ensuring the health information you receive is always credible and safe.
Some of our partners include:
British Heart Foundation, the National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society, the British Lung Foundation, Asthma UK, Men's Health Forum, Thyroid UK, the IBS Network, the British Liver Trust, Fertility Network UK, Fibromyalgia Action UK, The Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia Support Association (CLLSA), Parkinson's Movement, Lupus UK, Ovacome, Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation and Endometriosis UK.
Insights from our 2018 user survey:
- 66% of users had not met anyone with the same health condition(s) as them prior to joining HealthUnlocked
- 58% felt more confident in managing their health
- 58% report improved interaction with their health professionals since joining HealthUnlocked
- 76% agree with the statement “I find people on HealthUnlocked to be knowledgeable”
- 80% agree with the statement “HealthUnlocked is a safe space to share information”
Ability to report private messages (press and hold message), improved search results and bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Vital Resource, wonderful people
Since my diagnosis of CLL/fibromyalgia, 5 years ago, I have found the site and the wonderful people on it to be a lifeline. I found the combined knowledge and personal accounts of members here so much more useful than any professional contacts I have had. You will find compassion, reassurance and support here from people who know personally what it feels like to live with a life changing illness and can advise on how to cope with all that entails for both you and your family. Because this site is international, like illness, you will hear of medical treatments and research paths from around the world, not just the doctrine of your own health service, as well as people’s accounts of alternative treatments that they have tried (both successful or otherwise), which engenders that most important of resources HOPE.
So Much Information
Been using this forum for over a year, the app much more recently. I was diagnosed with Pmrgca - never heard of it ? Neither had I - this site has such a wealth of support and info it has become my first port of call when I have a query, or when I need a bit of reassurance. They make no claims to be experts yet I found they are far more clued up than some of the health professionals I've dealt with. These are in the main fellow sufferers who are happy to give me the benefit of their experience and I have found their advice invaluable. I also found info about local support groups, useful reading and even a program that works out my steroid reduction for me. Highly recommended.
Vascular heart disease
My dad has vascular heart disease, he has had it for about 30years now. The other day he went for his yearly check up and drs said his heart has weakened and he will need to have surgery at some point soon before his heart gets weaker. This has devastated me like the world has all of a sudden just collapsed on me . My dear sister found out about this forum and kindly introduced it to me and reading about other people’s stories and positive experience has really uplifted and helped me coped emotionally. I still cry all the time and I come here and it helps comfort me . Thank you to all the brave, courageous kind people for sharing their experiences. X
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- EverythingUnlocked Ltd
- 12.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2009 Everything Unlocked Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.