Heat Engineer has been designed to help heating engineers and surveyors gather information about a property for the installation of a heating system. The options available for heat loss reports are renewable technologies such as Air Source Heat Pumps, Ground Source Heat Pumps, Biomass or conventional fossil fuels.
Heat Engineer Software Ltd is a Sister company of RDC Energy Ltd.
We are an Industrial Associate Supporter of the Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering.
----Heat Engineer has two functions ----
1 - Heat Loss survey, designed to meet BS EN 12831, CIBSE Domestic Heating Design Guide and MCS standards. When the survey is completed you can send it to your account at www.heat-engineer.com
2 - MCS 020 Planning Standards, sound assessment for Air Source Heat Pumps.
-----Important useful feature----
Every entry made is automatically saved in the app’s history so you can revisit any time to amend either your sound assessment or heat loss survey. For MCS 020 Sound assessments this is particularly useful if you don’t know the sound power decibel rating whilst on site and haven’t yet decided which manufacturer to use. You can use the app on site to record data you have and revisit your history to update the project once you’re back in the office.
1----Heat Loss Survey----
Complete a site survey for a room by room heat loss calculation. The parameters within this app are detailed so calculations can be carried out following the domestic heating design guide and requirements to meet MCS standards. This tool is for collecting details of a property so you can then send it to an online Heat Engineer account. If you are a Heat Engineer account holder at www.heat-engineer.com then you can review your survey and produce a detailed heat loss report.
• Pre-populated drop down lists for room names and options to add custom names.
• Pre-populated drop down lists and options to add custom description and U values for all building materials, walls, floors, windows, doors, ceilings and roof.
• For ‘complex rooms’, rooms with lofted/vaulted ceilings and roof an option to select which image profile, so measurement and wall types can quickly be entered.
• Current Emitter selection, quickly select the radiator profile image from our list and enter the height and length. Heat Engineer online www.heat-engineer.com will calculate the output based on the designed flow temperature in the final report.
• Send completed survey to a Heat Engineer account online at www.Heat-Engineer.com
• Surveys submitted for the heat loss calculation the ‘internal room design temperatures’ and ‘air changes per hour ‘will be based on the room name and age of the room. Energy kWh demand and running costs is calculated using degree day data. Fuel comparisons are also available.
2----MCS 020 Planning Standards, sound assessment for Air Source Heat Pumps----
To ensure a proposed Air Source Heat Pump installation is a ‘permitted development’ for sound conditions use this app if you’re an MCS installer for the handover pack.
• Enter any manufacturer and model name
• Enter the A weighted sound power (dB) level for the chosen model (you can change this information in the history when you decide which model you want to install)
• Enter a description of assessment position
• Take and add a photo of the assessment position for your final PDF report
• A clear indication of assessment results
• Send a two page PDF report of the completed MCS 020 assessment to your office via email
Copy feature for 'When was the room built?'
Command prompts to ensure necessary data is entered.
Fixed bug when two rooms could be entered as the same name.
Removed unnecessary extra fields on create project screen.
Fixed bug on room parameters not saving when first added.
Favorites list available for building materials.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Once I created an account online all was well. Fastest way to complete a heat loss for buildings.
Waste of time. Can’t login from the word go. 10 minutes of my life I won’t get back.
Easy to use & good support
Very simple to use. Good support and training. Heat loss for each room is well presented once I have submitted the survey to my account online. Looking forward to using it more often.
- Heat Engineer Software Ltd
- 12 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2020 Heat Engineer Software Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- MCS 020 PDF Report Token £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.