HeavySet is a gym log / workout tracker for weightlifting, bodybuilding and strength training. It has a simple interface which makes tracking workouts easy and efficient.
HEAVYSET AT A GLANCE:
- Supersets / Giant sets
- Preset rest timers per exercise
- Rep ranges
- Set ranges
- AMRAP sets
- Estimated duration
- Create based on previous workouts
- Import plain text routines for rapid routine building
- Export your routines as plain text and share with friends
WORKOUT / GYM LOG:
- Log using intelligent suggested values
- Progress charts track volume, Estimated 1RM, Reps, Sets, Max Weight
- Rest timer with presets and quick modifiers
- Tempo timer metronome
- Full exercise history with notes
- Plate calculator
- Auto-advancing exercises and super sets
- Personal record notifications for rep records, estimated 1rm, volume & more
- Deload intensity, volume or rest automatically
- View workout preview
- Automatically calculate weight using intensity and training max
- Local notifications when timers end
- View all current rep records for current exercise
- Easily add any exercise
- Notes for exercises
- Training max for weight calculation
- Unilateral exercise option (doubles volume in stats)
- Add a base weight / body weight
- Track assisted exercises
- Add exercises to volume groups
PERSONAL RECORDS / STATISTICS:
- Log of every rep record your have achieved
- Filter record log by rep amount
- Notifications during workout log
- Workout / weekly progress stats
DATA IMPORT / EXPORT:
- Automatic iCloud backup
- Export to CSV without upgrading
- Import (possible) any CSV format
- In-app FAQs
- Help videos
- In-app chat with developer (not always real time)
REAL USER REVIEWS:
- “It’s the best app for seriously tracking training I’ve ever seen.”
- “The auto population of weight and reps based on the previous set is a welcome feature”
- “Exceptional simple and easy to use. Whilst being very powerful. Couldn't recommend it enough.”
- “I would recommend any weightlifter to get this app.”
- “I’ve tried out Strong, Fitbod, and Stacked. Heavyset is far better than all of them.”
- “This one is the best! Practical, simple and you can focus on the workout itself instead of fussing about the app!”
- “I would recommend this gym log to anyone.”
- “HeavySet finally dethroned the old app as my workout tracker it has the perfect blend of ease of use in the gym and powerful analytical type features outside the gym.”
- “I have been using it for over a year now and am extremely happy with it. I use it to log all of my workouts.”
- “This is the best workout tracker on the market!”
- “Been looking for workout tracker that gave me the ability to build a custom workout with specific features like sets based on percentages of a training max. This fit the bill perfectly and has a beautiful UI.”
#1 BEST WORKOUT LOG APP (iOS) 2018 - Lifewire.com
“When you open HeavySet you'll find most everything is made just to delight you.
“Let's start with data entry. The buttons are just where they need to be and big enough not to miss even with shaking legs — or hands. What's more, you typically only have to tap once to log a set; HeavySet's smart predictions have already accomplished the, umm, heavy lifting.”
HeavySet is a free download but you will need to make an in-app purchase upgrade to get access to unlimited use. As a non-paying user you are limited in the number of times you can perform the routines you input. Routines created by importing, duplicating or other automated methods are also not available. Non-paying users may improvise as many workouts as they like.
The screenshots represent the app after the intermediate user level has been purchased.
- Enable Apple Health to sync your body weight with your workouts for additional statistics as well as sharing your workout data with Apple Health.
- Replace support system
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Ok so it’s been less than 24 hours & I like this app so far, I’ve been looking on the App Store for a decent priced app that does what it says on the tin but without all these variations of a yearly subscription.
It’s simple with no fancy layout and graphics, dark-mode even comes with the free trial (which most apps push you to upgrade),
£9:99 is not a lot to ask to keep track of your health, most people spend that each day in Costa & Starbucks on there HEALTHY morning coffee and afternoon lunch, I’m 47 and haven’t been to a gym since 1994 (yes I know).
Anyway I no longer want to look hench & ripped but now aiming more for a lean fit maybe Tom Cruise kinda physique.
I’ve been logging down my reps and sets on the back of my household bills for well over a year and to support that entering my journal into a diary app which wasn’t ideal but at least I had a log and could see the history, I shall however utilities my full 2 week complimentary free trial and if all goes well will gladly upgrade to the £9:99 lifetime intermediate level.
It does take a while to get used to the configurations of the reps sets and exercises but you will get used to it.
The best workout logger for IOS
Excellent overall, I literally tried every workout logger available & Heavyset won hands-down.
There’s only two small issues that I have found (hence the 4 star rating instead of 5)...
Firstly, one cannot rename exercise groups once created; if you want to rename a group you have to delete it & remake a new one (which is a little daft/inconvenient as; if doing this, you’d have to go through & re-ad all of your exercises to the new group once created).
Secondly, there is no way to use the app for timed exercises instead of reps (i.e. say you wanted to do a set of 3 60 second planks). I work around this by logging the plank as a set of 3 reps so that I have a record of it in my workout routine; however, I toggle over the the developer’s other app ‘Seconds’ in which I have created a Plank timer (which is a solution that works very well, it must be said).
Again though, overall this is an excellent app & beats all of the competition by a country mile; no silly subscriptions or unwanted workout recommendations/exercise changes, just a simple & intuitive workout logger (perfect but for the aforementioned minor points).
Oh, I also think that Heavyset would benefit from a watch companion app; I could see people using their watch for exercise prompts & logging of the sets but then referring back to their phones for the more in-depth data & for workout/exercise creation etc.
Fantastic stat tracking!
I loved this app once I started using it, being able to see my max weights for different rep ranges, across all exercises I was doing. It helped me push harder to do one more rep, or go that little bit heavier than my last gym session. What has impressed me most is the improvements that have come in releases. You can assign any exercise to (any number of) groups, allowing you to track progression even better. Keep up the good work, i’m very happy to have paid for a lifetime subscription. Next to protein powder and bro science, this is the best thing 4 dem gainz.
- Runloop Ltd
- 41.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2019 Runloop Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime Intermediate £9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.