Helpfulpeeps is the place where local help happens. In a social media dominated world designed to convince people to spend more time online, Helpfulpeeps makes it easier for people to connect and help each other in the real world.
Our ethos is simple: ask for help when you need and help others when you can.
People are using Helpfulpeeps to:
• Get help with DIY, dog walking, gardening, social media and much more
• Learn new skills - from acoustic guitar to UX design
• Get fit by finding a walking, running, cycling or gym buddy
• Progress their language ability whether it’s French pronunciation or German vocabulary
• Volunteer with local charities and community projects
• Seek local recommendations for a trusty plumber, mechanic or the best restaurant in town.
• Meet like-minded people and make new friends
Scientifically proven (or at least rumoured) to make you happier, more positive, and restore your faith in humanity. We hope you’ll give Helpfulpeeps a try.
We’ve removed anything to do with payments from all new requests to allow members like you to connect, swap skills and help each other in the most seamless way.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The idea is great, but I can only see about 15 posts in my local area...which makes me think is not very popular. Hope more people get on to this, I believe it is quite helpful to see requests which might interest you and it is good you can make these sort of requests too.
Fab app and great concept!
User-friendly app that minimises effort required to seek help with something or help others. Fabulous concept to bring community spirit back to the social media generation!
It feels amazing to help someone with the skills/local knowledge you have (great for mental health and general wellbeing) and the karma points are a nice bonus. It's great to be able to ask for help from those in your local community (particularly if you're relatively new to an area). I have seen so many skilled people on helpfulpeeps that otherwise might struggle to profit from their expertise in a traditional workplace setting and the payment capacity now offered on this app should be great for these people. I can imagine session musicians, tradespeople, crafters, and others really benefitting from using the paid element of this platform. I don't really have skills like that but I like being able to help people by giving advice from my phone!
Developer Response ,
Hi Abbie, thanks so much for sharing your experience with Helpfulpeeps and the use cases you imagine for the platform. Your words motivate us in our efforts to build the world’s most helpful community.
The idea is great only if there is structure around the requests, but the way this app works is ridiculous. It’s literally a bunch of people asking for other people to do jobs for them for £5 or £10 that they don’t want to pay more for, and rather than it being an app for the milk of human kindness it’s just like a bazaar for the ludicrous and absurd requests - “Make me a website - £10”, “Install a kitchen -£5”
The idea of getting local people to help others is a great one. This is just crap.
- HUMAN CAPITAL PROJECT LTD
- 37 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014 Human Capital Project Ltd
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.