Britain's best military history magazine, History of War is your path to discovering and exploring centuries of warfare from around the world. Through detailed and illustrative features, exclusive interviews with military veterans, and a network of top historians, History of War brings the conflicts, stories, and technology of the past to your device.
What you’ll find in every issue:
• In-depth battlefield analysis: Experts take you through the most important battles from around the world, blow-by-blow.
• Exclusive veteran interviews: Former servicemen share their wartime exploits and unique first-hand accounts.
• Operator's Handbooks: Inside the workings of the world’s most incredible vehicles and technology.
• Competitions, reviews and behind-the-scenes exhibition previews.
Join thousands of others and download our free app now!
Once you’ve downloaded our app, you will need to take a free trial or purchase a single issue or subscription to access our in-depth content. We also publish specials and guides - browse our publications, read what interests you most, and get inspired.
Back issues, specials, and future issues are available for purchase within the app. Subscriptions are available on various monthly and annual terms, and auto-renew until you decide to cancel it. Check inside the app for current pricing.
*** Please Note: Our digital edition is not printable and does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with the print edition ***
• The free trial offer is only available to new subscribers. If you have previously subscribed then payment will be taken immediately.
• You can cancel at any time during the free trial period and you will not be charged. Simply turn off auto-renew in your Apple account subscriptions page at least 24 hours before the auto-renew is due.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase .
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
The subscription will include the current issue if you don't already own it and subsequently published future issues for the duration of your subscription period.
We’ve gotten the feather duster out, squashed some bugs and added support for newer devices.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Generally good subjects, but the writing is uninspired much of the time, and downright awful occasionally. Better editing is definitely required, if only to avoid typos and grammar mistakes. I was prompted to leave this review because, for the first time, I stopped reading an article halfway through because of the poor English and confusing structure. Please try harder, the topics deserve it.
I recently requested crime history and was really pleased to see Jack the Ripper the first crime magazine thank you and hope to see more in the future.
Clear Graphics & Not Too Academic But Not Dumb Either
Excellent app. No technical issues either.
- Imagine Publishing
- 75.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Future Publishing Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Year Subscription £24.99
- 6 Month Subscription £14.99
- History of War Issue 8 £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.