Home Inventory Easy Entry is a free helper application for our BluePlum Home Inventory application for Macs. To see more information about the Mac application go to our web site (http://homeinventoryapp.ca).
The Home Inventory Easy Entry lets you go around your home with your iPhone or your iPad and take your inventory snapshots . When both your iPhone and your Mac are on the same WiFi network, you can transfer all the new information back to your Mac and the Blue Plum Home Inventory application.
The Home Inventory Easy Entry frees you from having your Mac when you take inventory photos. Go to any of your properties, collect your photos and once you are back home, transfer them to the Blue Plum Home Inventory application.
**** Features ****
● Supports multiple properties.
● Multiple photos per inventory item.
● Built-in barcode scanner.
● Quick entry mode for items with a single photo.
● Image quality options.
● Add photos, receipts and documents.
● Add new items.
● Quick navigation through item fields.
● Synchronize data with the Blue Plum Home Inventory Mac application.
● Add new information and photos in the off-line mode, synchronize when WiFi is available.
● Runs on iPhones and iPads.
● Easy item search and filtering.
● Incremental item search - just type and the item list immediately shows items matching your input.
● Filter by property, room, collection, new items, ...
● Image adjustments - cropping and rotation.
● Album of all the new photos.
● Photo album filtering.
- Fixed the issue causing the app to get stuck when taping on an image in the document view
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It’s OK but very flakey
I’ve been using this in earnest for the last few days. It’s a great app to enable you to input data for the Mac version of the app. However, it appears to be very unstable. First of all, once you have added about 12 items (some with photos) but have not yet synced with the Mac, it starts to slow down seriously to the extent that five seconds could go by after you have pressed a camera button or your text input follows on about five seconds after you have typed. If that’s not bad enough, once you get up to about 20 items, some with photos, the app crashes in a spectacular way. It takes the iPhone with it. That’s really got to be the first app I have ever known to crash the phone. This happens regularly. I thought that after I had synced the data with the Mac it would be OK again but it’s not. It needs to be removed entirely from memory before you start again, always keeping an eye on the number of items you’ve added. I think, to play safe, you need to sync after 12 items and then start over again. Otherwise, the idea is great. I’m using it on an iPhone XS Max.
Developer Response ,
Unable to reproduce any of issues mentioned in this review on any of our test devices. Since the user hasn't contacted us previously or after writing this review regarding any of these problems, and no-one else complained about the same, we won't be perusing the issue further.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.