Hosts Monitor is the perfect and essential network utility to help you to keep an eye on your favorite network device, servers, websites on the go. It provides frequently used tools such as Ping, URLs Monitor and Ports Scanner.
Hosts Monitor lets you monitor what services are listening on your host to make sure that no service ports are open when they shouldn't be.
You can easily monitor the performance of your website, your personal server or your network device at the same time with our simple interface.
Hosts Monitor provides the easiest way to diagnose any problem watching your hosts even in background. 
The app is a must have for every network/system administrator
• Monitor Ports, Pings and URLs/Hostname or IP address.
• The app uses an ad-hoc monitoring engine so that you get the most accurate results. 
• Universal app for iPhone and iPad
• Store your Hosts List for frequently used hosts.
• Store your Services List per Host for frequently used services
• Display common used ports
• Background Monitoring (Premium Users only)
• Live Monitoring (Premium Users only)
• Keep an eye on your hosts even while you are not using the app thank to iOS Background Fetch feature. 
• Support Upgrade to Premium Version.
• Premium users can get interactive notification, with options to remind later or ignore for the day, when a test fails and you are not using the app 
• Really easy to use, no need to set any account or complex settings to be able to use it.
• Use Hosts Monitor custom URL Scheme and Query to integrate your app or web pages with Hosts Monitor.
• Green: means host is available and all services test succeeded
• Red: means host is not available and all services test failed
• Orange: means something is wrong, host is not available and/or not all services test succeeded.
YOUR FAVOURITES HOSTS & SERVICES:
• Store your favourites Hosts List.
• Store every associated Services for each host for frequently used services.
• Add ports from the common used ports list
Add Hosts Monitor to Today Extension to easily run your top tests on the go. You can use it without open the app.
This is the best and quickest way to check on your hosts even while you are device is locked.
Run all tests will take just few seconds.
BACKGROUND MONITORING (Premium Users Only):
• Upgrade to Premium and Keep an eye on your hosts even while you are not using the app thank to iOS Background Fetch feature. 
• Premium users can get interactive notifications when a test fails and you are not using the app, with options to remind you later or ignore the failure for the entire day 
LIVE MONITORING (Premium Users Only):
• Upgrade to Premium and when Hosts Monitor is open, Live Monitoring automatically refresh the status of all your hosts based on the time frame you have selected in the settings.
• This feature works only when the app is in foreground.
CUSTOM URL SCHEME:
• To allow your app or web page to call Hosts Monitor and send data to it, use it as follow:
The free version of the app displays ads. Those will be removed when upgrading to the Premium Version via In-App Purchase.
For any issue please don't leave comments in the review, as I am unable to track them. Please contact me directly via Twitter @petrungarof or http://redplumber.com
Follow me on twitter to stay up to date with the latest news about the app @petrungarof.
 Upgrade to Premium to monitor more than 2 hosts and 3 services at the same time in the app and in the Today Extension. Receive Push Notifications and Ads free.
 Background Refreshes are triggered throughout the day by the operating system and as such may be unpredictable. It works when the app is in background, however it depends on various things, battery life, network availability, app usage and more.
Fixed some UI issues with iPhone X
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent app, just needs some basic additions
This is a solid, reliable and very useful app. As others have pointed out, it would be *so* useful to be able to re-order the list. Also, it would be great if there was a display option to have just one screen “line” per host. That way you could fit more hosts on a single screen without having to scroll. I emailed the developer directly about these two feature requests, over a year ago, but received no reply.
Professional, fast and intuitive to use
As someone who owns storage servers, CCTV and a website, being able to monitor their status instantly is amazing and is incredibly reassuring. The app is well designed but slightly limited unless you get the upgrade. Supports several features such as a colour blind mode and different refresh settings. Also features support for widgets which allow you to swipe to he left on your home/lock screen and view the status even easier. Overall it’s good and would recommend.
Works but very basic.
Useful app, but lacks basic features like reordering of list.
Would be nice if the ping frequency was much more customisable. All test frequency need to have the option to be in the millisecond range and per host. 1 hour minimum for background check is ok if you’re testing websites and alike but if you’re checking system critical devices then you to be in the millisecond or at least seconds range even if it is a battery killer it should be an option.
Logging would be nice.
App it’s a good idea and it works well, just needs to be less restrictive.
This app is worth downloading and paying to upgrade.
- Francesco Petrungaro
- 19.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Francesco Petrungaro
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Premium £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.