A simple auto-detect feature makes your installation and setup an easy one-click operation. Your HUE lights and rooms will be detected automatically, you don't have to configure anything else.
Happy New Year!
This version arrives with some much-asked-for updates!
If you have trouble with any of the changes (or feel they were too much), please reach out and I'll make sure to fix it in the next version.
- Hotkeys are now supported, and you can set up a few custom keyboard shortcuts for various group on/off and light on/off scenarios.
- You can disable (hide) certain lights from the main menu, if you don't want to see them. Go to Settings / Lights and configure this any way you like.
- You can now enable SCENES as a third menu (next to Lights and Groups). Go to Settings / Advanced / Show Scene Panel and enable it. May not work perfectly yet (first attempt!).
- To make room, I had to replace the LIGHTS / GROUPS / SCENES buttons with icons. Big mistake? Or much better? Send feedback!
- An issue has been fixed for Hue Bridge v1 users, where certain lights didn't show up correctly (no color bar detected).
- Another issue showed a color bar for a group/room, even if the room had only ambient lights. This is hopefully fixed now.
I don't have a team of testers helping me to avoid breaking things with new updates, so if anything fails or goes wrong — it should take about 24 hours for an update to arrive. Simply reach out over the feedback form and I'll have a fixed beta ready for you very quickly, usually.
There are still occasional issues with some off-brand lights, if you send a quick e-mail, then I can make sure to add support in the next release.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Would be great if it supported multiple hubs.
Even the hue app requires switching hubs, with different lights/rooms on different hubs. Alexa too can only control a single hub. A seamless approach where the rooms from different hubs can be controlled without worrying which hub they are on would be great. The reason people have muktiple hubs is the 50-60 limit on the hub and in a whole house where a single ceiling lamp can have >6bulbs the limit gets easily hit. If you send an email adress i would be happy to sponsor the project with a hub.
Developer Response ,
I wasn't aware this is something people were doing, it's a great idea. If you have a bit more on how you'd like to see this implemented, I'd love to hear about it. There should be contact information somewhere around here. I only have one hub for testing, but would consider getting another one if the use-case is clear enough to get this implemented. Thanks!
I should be able to get my hands on a second hub, but it's very kind of you to offer! The latest version (has a feedback form, if you right-click on the icon). I'd have some questions on switching between hubs, vs. combining all into one long list of lights and rooms. Thanks!
This app is fantastic and allows me to control my lights from the menu bar quickly and easily. You can change the colours and dim the lights, for individual bulbs or for an entire room.
Having tried different apps I find this to be the best for my needs. Simple easy to use interface and everything works as stated. Excellent.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.