Don’t get caught in the rain! Hyperlocal Rainfall is the only app to provide accurate real time rainfall predictions personalised for the journeys and areas you create. Our data is updated every 5 minutes and we predict where and how intense rainfall will be at 5 minute intervals for the coming hour.
This is the first app to provide hyper-localised rainfall information whilst on the move, along your exact route or specific area. Create your journey and choose if you would like to walk, cycle, or drive and the rainfall predictions will appear along that route showing you what the conditions will be when you get to that point of your journey. Use the app to avoid rainfall by showing predictions if you change your journey start time.
The aim is to provide accurate and personalised information for users so they can make informed decisions and be more confident about choosing sustainable travel options and is available for the whole UK.
Please note that the Hyperlocal Rainfall app requires a Google login account to improve the accuracy of the predicted rainfall along your Journey.
- Push notification of any rainfall due at your current location
- Automatically updated every 5 minutes for the coming hour
- No ads
- Save journeys/ areas
- Predictions for walking/cycling/driving
- See predictions at 5 minute intervals for any journey/area
- Personalisation engine to predict user most likely route
- Wind speed and direction displayed
- In app feedback option
- "I am bowled over by it; it is so much better than anything else out there for telling what is going on."
- “There were 2 days [last week] when I waited at home for an extra 10 minutes before I set off and it was absolutely fine. Really helpful, otherwise I would have actually got drenched."
- “I wasn't sure how well it was going to work when I got it, a bit sceptical, but really pleased with it."
1. We have changed the way the rain images are displayed in the map making the app more accurate
2. We have changed the display of the rain images to give them a 'smoother' feel
3. Some minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Sells your location data
App found to be sending precise geolocation data to a third-party advertiser
I have two basic tests for any kind of weather app.
1. Does it perform above the level of chance?
2. Can it at the very least tell me when it is currently raining?
This app fails both of these tests. I genuinely had a higher success rate by flipping a coin to predict whether or not it would rain in the next hour.
This app currently claims the sky is clear - in fact it is coming down in sheets.
This was my experience using it over a 12 hour period.
What it offers is a localised 1-hour forecast. This forecast is divided into 10 minute slots. In order to be useful an app like this basically needs to be 95% accurate.
As I said - you will get better results with a dice or coin than you will with this app.
Developer Response ,
Hi Bonsai Ent, Thanks for sharing your feedback. We will be releasing a new version shortly. We only do a 1-hours predicition for localised rainfall to assist in planing a journey. This 1-hour prediction is split into 5 minute periodicities. Those 12 predictions will then be updated every 5 minutes. Once we release the new version, please would you review again.
Not to be trusted
Why do I have to sign-in to my Google account before using? Deleted!!
Developer Response ,
Hi Space Ape, thanks for sharing your concern. At the moment we're using google to improve travel time accuracy. So each time you cycle while using the Hyperlocal Rainfall App tracks your start and finish time to improve you next travel time. I hope this helps.
- Meniscus Systems Ltd
- 46.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Meniscus Systems Ltd 2017
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.