ibis Paint X is a popular and versatile drawing app downloaded more than 50 million times in total as a series, over 2500 materials, over 1000 fonts, which provides 325 brushes, 63 filters, 46 screentones, 27 blending modes, recording drawing processes, stroke stabilization feature, various ruler features such as Radial Line rulers or Symmetry rulers, and clipping mask features.
Many tutorial videos on ibis Paint are uploaded to our Youtube channel.
- A Highly functional and professional features surpassing that of desktop drawing apps.
- Smooth and comfortable drawing experience realized by OpenGL technology.
- Recording your drawing process as a video.
- SNS feature where you can learn drawing techniques from other users' drawing process videos.
*Feedback from users
We receive many good reputations from users.
- I could have never assumed that I can draw such a beautiful drawings on smartphones!
- Easiest to use among all drawing apps!
- I have learned how to draw digital drawings without Mac or PC!
ibis Paint has high functionality as a drawing app along with features of sharing drawing processes with other users.
- Smooth drawing at up to 120 fps.
- 325 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes, flat brushes, pencils, oil brushes, charcoal brushes, crayons and stamps.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick sliders that allow you to quickly adjust brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush previews.
- You can add layers as many as you need with no limit.
- Layer parameters that can be set to each layers individually such as layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
*Differences between ibis Paint and ibis Paint X
ibis Paint X shows advertisements.
If you purchase the In-App upgrade, the ads will disappear and there will no longer be any difference with ibis Paint.
We provide you with two ways of purchasing ibis Paint: “Remove Ads Add-on” (one off payment) and “Prime Membership” (monthly payment). When you become a prime member, advertisements will remove. So, if you become a prime member, it will be cheaper not to purchase the “Remove Ads Add-on”.
If you have already purchased the “Remove Ads Add-on”, even if you cancel the “Prime Membership”, advertisements will remain removed.
The more people become prime members, the faster we can develop our application. We would like to create more functions, so please consider becoming a prime member.
A prime member can use the prime features. You can try it free for the one-month at the time of the first purchase.A prime member can use the following features and services
- Prime Materials
- Prime Fonts
- Tone Curve filter
- Gradation Map filter
- Clouds filter
- Reordering artworks in My Gallery
- No advertisements in screens except the Online Gallery
* After you become a prime member with the first one-month free trial, if you do not cancel your “Prime Membership” at least 24 hours before the last day of the free trial, your “Prime Membership” will be automatically renewed and you will be charged for the automatic renewal.
* We will add premium features in future, please look out for them.
[Remove Ads Add-on]
Unlike ibis Paint (paid version), advertisements are displayed on ibis Paint X (free version). If you buy this Add-On (one off payment), advertisements will remove.
Even if you become a prime member, advertisements will remove. So, if you become a prime member, it will be cheaper not to purchase the “Remove Ads Add-on”.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
Thank you for using ibis Paint X!
The summary of this update is as follows.
- Improved the preformance of a calculation of vertical writing feature in the Text tool.
- Improved the performance of animations when many animations are running simultaneously.
- Improved the My Gallery and Collection screen so that it doesn't generate a large number of animations when you delete many artworks at once.
- Improved the selection mode of My Gallery and Collection screen so that it immediately displays the number of selected artworks in the title bar when you are using rubber-band selection.
- Improved the performance of the rubber-band selection of artworks in the My Gallery and Collection screen.
[Fixed Bugs and Problems]
- Fixed a bug where the app would crash on startup.
- Fixed a bug where the app unintentionally go back to the Title screen when you tap the OK button of some alert boxes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love it! But...
I’ve used IbisPaint for around two and a half years now, and I love it! It’s easy to learn and use and it’s just great! However, I not a HUGE fan of how the colour pallets and layers operate, everything else I’m fine with. You see, for the colour palette, it’s fairly small and I would love if you could add a way so that you can have multiple pallets, like adding layers. For example, one for the default brushes, and then the rest the user could do themselves. It’d also be nice if you could name them, like you could name one ‘character one’ then ‘character two’ and then so on. but that’s just my personal opinion, you don’t need to do it. On the other hand, for the layers, it’s bit difficult to navigate once you add ever so many. Like, when you start to clip things down to the lower layer for something like shading. I’d prefer it if there was something like a folder system, or something along those lines, where you could store a couple of layers and sort through them. But if all that is too difficult to add, or not what you want to spend your time on, then I’m not gonna be disappointed. As I said, I’ve used Ibis for two and a half years, and I don’t plan on using anything else any time soon. Anyways, keep up the good work!
It's an amazing app, great for drawing and editing! I just have had a couple issues with it recently (December 2019).. I usually have the couple mishaps where the app closes but I dont lose any progress, but, well, not too long ago it was such a bad bug and I need you to try and fix it! The thing that happened is literally the reason why i'm making a review. Back in the earlier days, I always found loads of hate on ibis paint X since so many drawings were being deleted when the app randomly closed. Yet, nobody has had that problem for ages! But guess what, It happened to me. I had spent D A Y S on my artwork, and it was going to be my best piece yet! And then, when I was almost finished, BAM! The app closes?! I'm literally crying and hoping that none of my progress was lost, and so I re-opened the app with so much hope it wasn't lost.. It was gone. All my other artwork was there, but the one I was working on was gone. All of it. No trace of it left!! Please, try and fix this so it never happens again. This one mishap has led me to think about finding a new app to use. I literally lost all motivation and I don't know what to do anymore. I'm sorry, but I don't think i'll use ibis paint X again. Please update your app!!
Great app, but...
This App is one of my favourites and one I recommend to my friends on a regular basis. Simple interface, beautiful as an art app and also a good photo editor when needed. However, one little thing has bothered me since I got it. Whenever I’m working on an art piece, there are times when I accidentally press the back button to go back to the gallery. This isn’t too bad, but earlier today I was working on a piece that I was really proud of and accidentally cleared the major layer, then pressing to go back so I could undo it. Problem was I pressed the ‘back to gallery button’, meaning when I re-entered the canvas I couldn’t undo the layer clear and had to redo all of it again. I would love to see a slight feature on this app that asks whether or not you want to leave the canvas after you press back (perhaps you can select in settings to toggle whether you want the app to ask), since it would save me a lot of work whenever this happens again. Once again, brilliant app, but just this little nag has affected me multiple times since I got it. I’d be more then happy to change this to a 5* review if this could be added
- ibis inc.
- 94.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © ibis inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Remove-Ads Add-on £7.99
- Prime Membership £2.79
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.