Elegant, intuitive & clutter-free mind mapping. Wherever inspiration strikes. Capture, develop and organise your best ideas. Realise your full potential with iBlueSky.
- Optimised for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch (only one purchase required to run with an optimised experience on all device types).
- Huge page size
- Easy import via the web in Freemind & OPML formats
- Easy export via email in these formats: PDF, PNG (limited to 4000x4000 pixels), OPML outlining format, Freemind, plain text
- Branches with more than one line of text
- Link branches
- Attach notes to branches (imported and exported in most external formats)
- Edit branch colours with an easy-to-use colour picker, option to apply colour changes to sub-branches
- Clipboard: cut, copy and paste branches
- Scroll and zoom - standard pinch gesture
- Double tap to zoom in and out
- Auto-hiding toolbars
- Fix for a crash when importing projects
- Links between branches are now exported/imported correctly
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Professional-grade mind-mapping tool
iBlueSky is a very polished mind-mapping tool. I've found that the intuitive touch interface lends itself perfectly to the creative process, and I quickly become engrossed in the brainstorming process itself - exactly as it should be with a productivity app.
iBlueSky's pinch/zoom and drag features work great, and indeed lend themselves perfectly to this application. iBlueSky's 'organic' representation of mind-maps via balloons and flowing branches also support the creative mindset.
This app is a great way to make productive use of my commute time: I can listen to music to get the creative juices flowing while brainstorming ideas, and when done, use the export feature to mail the project to my desk. All of which means I can be first out of the gate with ideas at meetings later in the day.
The maps are high-resolution and colourful, so look great when printed out - it's still amazing to think they were created on an iPhone.
My daughters also took to the interface straight-away, so it was a great introduction to mind-mapping for them.
In summary, the IPhone (and, of course iPod touch) is a great platform for spontaneous creative thinking, and iBlueSky captures that ability wonderfully.
Highly recommended for novice or experienced mind-mappers alike.
Excellent but where are the updates?
I purchased this application many months ago and have been extremely satisfied by it - the ease of use and speed of the app coupled by landscape support and good use of touch, pinch and drag gestures makes putting ideas down a snap. I have created great mindmaps while travelling on planes and trains.
One of the main reasons for my purchase was the relatively high price that suggested it would be continually updated but that hasn't happened, in fact not one update has been delivered while there are a number of features I and others would like to see:
1. Add icons/flags to nodes
2. Allow richer input - hyperlinks, multi-line text (perhaps only the first line is shown and when pressed the node can expand to show all-lines)
3. Ability to auto-arrange nodes
4. Ability to email maps WITHOUT sending through iBlueSky Servers (at the moment all mind-maps are sent via the developers servers which causes me concern should they ever abandon the application)
Update has implemented most of my most wanted features
I have just updated my app and, following the instructions provided by the developer in the product description, I did not lose any of my previous projects. I emailed them to myself as a backup as suggested as well.
I find that it is so much easier now to move and resize branches and the branch editing features - fill colour, branch notes, multi-line text - add a lot of functionality to my maps. The large paper size is also welcome as I was continually hitting the edge of the paper in the previous version. Being able to import and export into a variety of formats is also useful. I like to use the iPhone to sketch out thoughts or take notes, then import into a more fully-featured mind mapping program to add extra features and expand. The FreeMind format allows me to import into iMindMap without any problems as all, even though it is not specifically supported by iBlueSky. As it is the developers servers that handle the export, it means that new export options can be added without continually updating the iPhone app.
Kudos to the developers for being so responsive to my queries and comments and I look forward to future developments.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.