iCab Mobile is a web browser for the iOS. It provides many unique and useful features you won't find in other iPhone browsers.
The Watch App is a remote control for iCab Mobile, so you can navigate, zoom, scroll, open bookmarks, links, the homepage, switch tabs or sitch on/off the fullscreen mode. It is also possible to let iCab read a web site using speech output.
iCab Mobile can upload any files on web pages (Due to limitations of the iOS this does not everywhere, but it works fine on many web sites).
iCab Mobile comes with several default search engines you can choose from. You can easily add new search engines.
FILLING OUT FORMS:
iCab Mobile can save web forms and restore the form content later (manually or automatically). The saved forms data can be password protected. Supports many third-party Password Manager Apps as well.
There’s a built-in fully customizable filter feature. It allows to block resources, ads, banners, user tracking scripts, cookies etc. Supports AdBlock Plus/EasyList filters as well.
iCab Mobile supports Tabs, so you can open multiple web pages at the same time. Links can be opened in Tabs (in the foreground or background) manually or automatically.
Bookmarks can be organized in folders. You can import/export the bookmarks from/to your PC/Mac browser.
iCab Mobile provides a fullscreen mode where the whole screen is used to display the web page. No screen space is wasted for toolbars.
iCab Mobile has a built-in Download Manager so you can download almost all files from the internet. The downloads can be easily transfered to a Mac/PC/Linux computer but also to other Apps on the device which can open these files
You can create multiple user accounts, each user has its own private bookmarks, filters, settings, etc.
iCab Mobile supports Dropbox. Export/Import bookmarks; transfer downloads, images, files, web pages to your Dropbox account.
In this mode, you can have two browsers side by side on the iPad. This is especially useful on the large iPad Pro.
The App is also accessible for visually impaired and blind users. If VoiceOver is enabled, the App plays soft ticks while a page is loading, so blind users are able to identify when the page load has finished.
- Configurable multi-touch gestures
- QuickStarter feature
- AirPrint support
- Browser ID (UserAgent) is configurable
- iCab Mobile fully supports international domain names
- Cookie Manager
- Private Browsing (no history and no cookies are stored)
- Privacy settings allows to delete all kinds of private data (history, cookies, databases, saved forms, passwords etc.)
- URL autocompletion
- Simple built-in RSS reader
- Save images, whole web pages, PDF files
- Kiosk Mode - a restricted variation of the fullscreen mode for Kiosk environments.
- Addressbook support lets you access the web pages from the addressbook.
- When launching iCab can either open an empty page, the homepage or restore the Tabs which were open the last time
- There are different color schemes and designs
- Document Sharing lets you pass downloads and files to other Apps in the device
The App includes a store providing several InApp purchases. These are meant as a tip jar. The InApp purchases are available for different prices, so you can pick the amount for the tip yourself. Doing so will unlock a few cool features as a reward, these are always the same, regardless of the amount of the tip. Users who have purchased the App within the last 12 months do get all these features for free, no need to buy one of the InApp purchases. Though they can nevertheless give me a tip, if they want to... ;-)
- Bugfix: Solves an issue with the domain exceptions of the filters
- Bugfix: fixes an issue with the automatic update of AdBlock Plus filter lists which do not define certain meta data abiut the filters. Without this information iCab could not link the updated list tio the existing link and stored the update a new list. So with each automatic update a new copy was created, which resulted in performance issue after a while because of the many copies of the list. Now this problem will be detected and resolved.
- In the "Design" settings for the user interface it is now possible to optionally define the colors by their hexadecimal values as well
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The very best
Without doubt I think this the best browser for iOS there is. Been using it for many years and never lets me down. The author is very quick to respond to questions.
iCab has so many fantastic features well worth using.
Fantastic app that comes loaded with crapware
It is an excellent browser but beware there are a lot of default modules and services from spy companies such as Facebook. You will need to delete these (not so easy, as they seem to respawn if you don’t first disable the module AND service before uninstalling) if you want a private browsing experience.
The same goes for the search engines. Get rid of the ones you don’t want.
After that, it is a good, flexible and responsive browser.
If it was not preloaded with the rubbish but instead offered the option to instal what you want, it would be an easy five stars.
App in dire need of update and polish.
This app can be frozen by malicious sites, and there is no way to close the app except to delete and reinstall it. How rubbish is that? Overpriced (since it is in need of update), underdeveloped... and did I mention how draggingly slow it is? There was a time it worked much, much better.
It is possible (and also quite likely) that the developer is running into problems caused by Apple’s latest principles and practices...
Yes, It is clunky, it is ugly... but all browsers have issues (eg I loathe Safari for it’s sinister issues and will not use it at all, but get on okay with Firefox, despite it’s issues).
I really hope they get this sorted out - it ought to be a very good, flexible and useful tool to help explore the internet, but after my experience with a malicious site, I cannot trust it. And in the final analysis, the ONLY thing I have to be sure about is the app’s ability not to compromise my data.
- Alexander Clauss
- 16.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 Alexander Clauss
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade £0.99
- Upgrade plus Generous Tip £2.99
- Upgrade plus Tip £1.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.