Enter Kid Chameleon and experience SEGA's colossal platformer!
Unleash your super powers in SEGA’s colossal platformer Kid Chameleon! Play free and experience one of the largest platformers ever created.
You are Kid Chameleon, an ordinary kid given strange and fantastic new powers through the use of magical masks. When the villain of a new arcade game escapes into our reality and only you can stop him! Using the masks, transform into an unstoppable warrior, high-flying superhero, or human tank to bring him to justice!
Kid Chameleon joins the SEGA Forever classic games collection, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time! DOWNLOAD THEM ALL!"
- Over 100 stages crammed with secret warp points and hidden areas to explore
- Become an axe-wielding maniac, a human tank, a medieval knight, a blood-thirsty berserker, and more!
- Nine different masks to collect, each with different powers!
SEGA FOREVER FEATURES
- PLAY FREE
- SAVE YOUR GAME PROGRESS AT ANYTIME
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT: MFi compatible controllers
- OFFLINE PLAY
- GAMES RELEASED EVERY MONTH - download them all!
- INCLUDES iOS 10 STICKER PACKS
- "Sonic should keep looking over his shoulder, the Kid is on his back." [89%] - Les Ellis, SEGA Pro #6 (April 1992)
- "Kid Chameleon has a clever combination of Alex Kidd’s best games, puzzle strategy elements, and arcade-style action." [88%] - "Earth Angel", GamePro #33 (April 1992)
- "There's a new kid in town - Kid Chameleon - and he's gonna shake you apart with his rock 'n' rolling adventures." [82%] - Marshal M Rosenthal, SEGA Force #4 (April 1992)
- 10,000 point prize blocks are the most elusive blocks in the game... can you find any?
- Scoring 100,000 points early on in the game allows you to skip ahead to the half-way point
- Giant floating head Heady Metal is the one and only boss in Kid Chameleon
- Kid Chameleon received two full stories in Sonic the Comic in the UK
- Want to speedrun a level? Try the Cyclone mask!
CLASSIC GAME FACTS
- Originally released in 1992 worldwide
- Developed by SEGA's in-house American studio STI
- In Japan, the game is known as Chameleon Kid
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information).
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Kid Chameleon, SEGA Forever and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and Reviews
I have purchased this game but it is still showing the ads please fix it ASAP
Fantastic but slightly disappointed
A game from before my time but was brought up from a young age playing this and still do play it on the mega drive sometimes, it's always been one of my favourites but unfortunately the game centre was shut down so you can't save the game at all making it frustrating to play.. however love the fact the controls and gameplay haven't changed at all.. it's very nostalgic.. 💕
Developer Response ,
Hi there, Game Center is still available on the iOS. To access Games Center, you will need to go to your device Settings menu and Game Center will be in the list on the left hand side.
I like the way the ads are placed not interrupting the gameplay, like the aspect ratio, resolution. Would prefer the option to use different kinds of onscreen controls example to change them to the ones used on Sonic 1 as well as the option to adjust the transparency. I would also like a CRT filter such as scan lines with the CRT outwards curved shape.
Overall not a bad experience i have experienced no glitches or slowdowns worth playing would love to see more games. Example Phantasy Star Sega Master System, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Rocket Knight, Earth Worm Jim, Toe Jam and Earl, Outrun, Sonic Chaos and Drift on the GameGear and some Sega 32X games like Virtua Racing, Knuckles Chaotix and Sega CD games such Snatcher. I would also like to see a few Dreamcast and Sega Saturn games i would not mind paying for them.
- Sega America
- 152.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo and KID CHAMELEON are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade £1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.