Save more automatically, invest in things that matter and reduce those pesky bills!
Since we launched 2 years ago, we have been working to build the best product that makes everyone better off financially. With now over 500,000 people using Plum on Messenger, we’re really excited to now be available on iOS and give Plum to more people!
BANK, MEET PLUM
• You link Plum to your bank account (we support major UK banks)
• Plum analyses your transactions daily to learn about your income and spending
• It then helps you save more, invest and stops you being overcharged on bills, without having to think about it.
AUTOMATE YOUR SAVINGS
• Magical savings — A cleverly designed algorithm that saves automatically for you, little by little but often, so you don’t notice savings adding up overtime
• Adjust how much you want to save — Set up your saving mood from ‘Chilled’ to ‘Beast mode’ based on your savings targets
• Unlimited withdrawals — When you’ve reached your goals, or just need some extra money to pay for your dog’s operation (true story), you can withdraw at any time, as often as you like.
• Round up your spare change — Plum rounds up each transaction to the nearest £1 and automatically set it aside for you
YOU COULD GROW YOUR SAVINGS VIA INVESTING
• Easy-access, from only £1 — You only need a pound to start investing (but you should probably invest more!)
• Make Google and Apple work your money for you or back socially responsible companies, via tracking funds.
• Get access to a broad choice of hand-picked funds based on your risk-level or themes that matter to you. Funds choice listed here: withplum.com/investments
• Pick your own portfolio — Choose how to split your automated savings into the different funds you’ve picked
• Auto-invest — Set your rules to invest automatically from an algorithm to round-ups, or keep it manual if you like!
• Transparent pricing — Investment is the only paid feature of Plum and we tried to make it as simple and transparent possible whether you invest £500 or £5,000:
- £1.00 a month (First month free)
- 0.60% annual avg. fund management and provider fee*
- No hidden transaction or trading cost
- No hidden withdrawal or exit cost, nor limit
Please keep in mind, as with all investing, capital is at risk and the value of your investment may go down as well as up. Note also that past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.
*This includes a fund management fee of 0.15% which goes to our technological partner, as well as a 0.22%-0.90% fund provider fee based on the funds you choose to invest in. Full list of funds and their respective fees here (https://blog.withplum.com/plum-funds/). Both fund management and provider fees are charged annually, billed monthly and already reflected on your portfolio.
STOP GETTING RIPPED OFF
• Lower your bills — Plum monitors your bills continuously and notifies you when it finds a better deal for you. You can then switch in a few taps and instantly save £££.
STAY ON TRACK
• Set daily or weekly balance updates to stay updated — Ideal for constant fraud check on your bank account (Again true story, we had quite a few cases of people who spotted fraud straight away thanks to Plum).
Secure & helpful:
When it comes to money, there's no room for compromise. We've built Plum from the ground up with your security and privacy in mind.
We're an Appointed Representative of Resolution Compliance Limited.
Humans on hand:
Our customer support team, composed of real, nice and helpful humans, is ready to help you Monday to Saturday, from 9am to 5pm.
We never share your data with any other parties without your consent.
Where you've probably heard about us:
“Plum, one of the more popular tools” — The FT
“So you can sit back and watch your money work for you” — Evening Standard
“The place to manage your finances” — TechCrunch
* Download Plum now! *
- Fixes a crash that would happen on the lock screen if the keypad was used during the success animation.
- Improved overdraft saving recommendation.
- New Plumtastic lock screen.
Ratings and Reviews
Great savings app - just needs to be quicker
Well so far so good! Think this is a pretty ingenious app and a great way of putting money away bit by bit. You wouldn’t normally do that yourself so it’s great that Plum can do that for you. I did a little test run to make sure I could access my money if I needed it and so far no problems at all! It takes about 24 hours for money to reach your bank account again which isn’t too bad but I do think with modern times and instant bank transfers nowadays this could be done quicker, especially if you need your money ASAP.
Deposits do take a while to clear in your Plum account too, I think these need to be quicker. You can pause the deposits at any time and then re-start them again. Round up is pretty cool too which rounds all transactions up to the nearest pound. You can save as little or as much as you like and also add your own deposits if you want to.
All in all I love it and hope it continues to run seamlessly. All I’d suggest is that deposits and withdrawals just need to clear a bit quicker, maybe instantly if possible?
Logs me out
I have an ISA with my bank but struggle to save because I can see the money is there so end up spending rather than saving. With Plum, I have turned notifications off so it takes money without me knowing. I also do manual deposits & the round up which is where they round up any monies you have used paying by card over the week. Deposits are a bit slow - id rather the money leave my account straight away when doing manual deposits as its easy to dip into it when its still in your account 2-3 days later but other than that its great. Withdrawals are quick and are back in your account either same day, or the following day! I have already recommended them to lots of people. Its great if your normally pretty bad at saving money!!
Developer Response ,
We’re aware and working on a fix for the logout issue :(
We expect to have it fixed in the next version. Apologies for the inconvenience!
The Plum Team
Can’t Save? Try Plum
I am a brilliant spender, but a rubbish saver. Whenever I try to save money I end up spending it. Plum is brilliant as it saves small amounts every few days so I don’t feel an impact on my spending and because it’s in a separate place to my bank, I don’t even think about withdrawing it. They let me know when they are taking it and how much and the new app gives me all the information I need in one place. I’m looking forward to the new ‘round-up’ feature coming soon where they will round up to the nearest pound on the amount I spend and save it.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.