Stash money automatically, invest in what matters to you, and cut pesky bills!
Since we launched 2 years ago, we have been working to build the best product that makes everyone better off financially. With now over 650,000 people using Plum on Messenger, we’re really excited to now be available on iOS and give Plum to more people!
BANK, MEET PLUM
• You link Plum to your bank account (we support major UK banks)
• Plum regularly analyses your transactions to learn about your income and spending
• Plum then sets money aside for you, invests it for your future, and stops you being overcharged on bills. All without you having to think about it!
AUTOMATE YOUR DEPOSITS
• Stash money automatically—Plum’s smart algorithm sets money aside, little but often, so you won’t notice how much you’re putting away
• Round up your spare change—Plum rounds up each transaction to the nearest £1 and tucks this ‘spare change’ away for you
• Adjust how much you want to put away—with moods ranging from ‘Chilled’, to ‘Beast’ mode
• Unlimited withdrawals—whether you’ve either reached your goal or just need some extra money to pay for an unforeseen expense, you can withdraw at any time, as often as you like, completely free!
YOU COULD GROW YOUR MONEY BY INVESTING
• Easy-access, from only £1—you only need one pound to start investing!
• Invest in what matters to you—choose to put your money into tracking funds, with options such as ‘Tech Giants’ (incl. companies like Google or Apple), or ‘Ethical’ (socially responsible organisations)
• Pick your risk—select your investment funds according to the level of risk that’s right for you
• Mix-and-match your own portfolio—split your deposits across the different funds you’ve selected
• Auto-invest as you go—fine-tune your own preferred mix of auto-stashes, round ups, and top these up with manual contributions too
• Transparent pricing—investments is the only paid feature of Plum, and we’ve made the fees as simple as possible... whether you invest £500 or £5,000:
- £1.00 a month (first month free)
- 0.60% annual avg. fund management and provider fee*
- No hidden transaction or trading costs
- No hidden withdrawal fees, exit costs, or free withdrawal limits
Please keep in mind, as with all investing, that your capital is at risk and the value of your investments may go down as well as up. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
*This includes a fund management fee of 0.15% which goes to our technological partner, as well as a 0.22%–0.90% fund provider fee (based on the funds you choose to invest in). A full list of funds and their respective fees can be found in the investments FAQ section of our website (https://intercom.help/withplum/en/collections/1485730-investments). Both fund management and provider fees are charged annually, billed monthly and immediately reflected in your portfolio.
STOP GETTING RIPPED OFF
• Lower your bills—Plum continuously monitors your bills and notifies you when a better deal for you is available. You can then switch in a few taps and instantly save £££s
STAY ON TRACK
• Keep informed with customisable updates—ideal for constant fraud check on your bank account
Secure & helpful:
When it comes to money, there's no room for compromise. We've built Plum from the ground up with your security and privacy in mind.
We're an appointed representative of Resolution Compliance Ltd.
Dedicated Customer Support Team:
Our team of tame humans are ready to help you from 0900–1700 on weekdays, and 1000–1500 on Saturdays.
We never share your data with any other parties without your consent.
Where you've probably heard about us:
“Plum, one of the more popular tools” — The FT
“So you can sit back and watch your money work for you” — Evening Standard
“The place to manage your finances” — TechCrunch
Download Plum now!
* Download Plum now! *
- Plum now helps you save money on your broadband!
- We like animations, so we added them to our graphs. They're seriously animated.
- Improved the investment onboarding.
- Bugs and and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great savings app - just needs to be quicker
Well so far so good! Think this is a pretty ingenious app and a great way of putting money away bit by bit. You wouldn’t normally do that yourself so it’s great that Plum can do that for you. I did a little test run to make sure I could access my money if I needed it and so far no problems at all! It takes about 24 hours for money to reach your bank account again which isn’t too bad but I do think with modern times and instant bank transfers nowadays this could be done quicker, especially if you need your money ASAP.
Deposits do take a while to clear in your Plum account too, I think these need to be quicker. You can pause the deposits at any time and then re-start them again. Round up is pretty cool too which rounds all transactions up to the nearest pound. You can save as little or as much as you like and also add your own deposits if you want to.
All in all I love it and hope it continues to run seamlessly. All I’d suggest is that deposits and withdrawals just need to clear a bit quicker, maybe instantly if possible?
Logs me out
I have an ISA with my bank but struggle to save because I can see the money is there so end up spending rather than saving. With Plum, I have turned notifications off so it takes money without me knowing. I also do manual deposits & the round up which is where they round up any monies you have used paying by card over the week. Deposits are a bit slow - id rather the money leave my account straight away when doing manual deposits as its easy to dip into it when its still in your account 2-3 days later but other than that its great. Withdrawals are quick and are back in your account either same day, or the following day! I have already recommended them to lots of people. Its great if your normally pretty bad at saving money!!
Developer Response ,
We’re aware and working on a fix for the logout issue :(
We expect to have it fixed in the next version. Apologies for the inconvenience!
The Plum Team
Great app! But...
The plum app is fantastic, you can alter how much the app saves for you and these small but often transactions build up so quickly and rather unnoticeably. I’ve been using the app for one month now, I’ve put £50 away manually and from the round-ups and automatic transactions I’ve managed to build up around £120-£130 In total.
(I have mine set to “normal”)
I was unsure about the app in the first place because I didn’t want it to save too much money for me and then leave me skint, which would then leave me waiting ages trying to withdraw my money back out of plum into my bank account...
Which leads me into my “but” very nicely...
If I had one issue with the app it’s that it seems to take 3-6 days to move the money from the bank to plum and I’m assuming it’s the same on the way back out. If you save too much and need to withdraw this money in an EMERGENCY situation it’s probably going to cause you a lot of bother.
However, guys & girls, this is a savings app. The idea is to set it up for reasonable savings you can afford to forget about and leave them to build up!
I would recommend this app to anyone - whether your terrible at saving or you already save pretty well, this app will surprise you. It’s simple and affective.
Plum, if you can work on making the transactions faster for the future, it’ll make all the difference and it would be a 5 star from me.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.