SFX is the world's number one science fiction, fantasy and horror magazine.
It covers all areas of science fiction and fantasy across television, movies, books, comics, games, events, collectables... and beyond. Every month SFX delivers essential sci-fi news, features, reviews, exclusive Q&As, behind-the-scenes stories, star profiles and analysis of TV shows.
Join thousands of others and download our free app now!
Once you’ve downloaded our app, you will need to take a free trial or purchase a single issue or subscription to access our in-depth content. We also publish specials and guides - browse our publications, read what interests you most, and get inspired.
Back issues, specials, and future issues are available for purchase within the app. Subscriptions are available on various monthly and annual terms, and auto-renew until you decide to cancel it. Check inside the app for current pricing.
*** Please Note: Our digital edition is not printable and does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with the print edition ***
• The free trial offer is only available to new subscribers. If you have previously subscribed then payment will be taken immediately.
• You can cancel at any time during the free trial period and you will not be charged. Simply turn off auto-renew in your Apple account subscriptions page at least 24 hours before the auto-renew is due.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase .
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
The subscription will include the current issue if you don't already own it and subsequently published future issues for the duration of your subscription period.
We've gotten the feather duster out, squashed some bugs and added support for newer devices.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent app and magazine but…
Love SFX and highly recommend it.
Always strong content and beautifully put together.
App is okay but has three major issues:
1) restoring previous purchases after a device change is hugely frustrating
2) does not support the full real estate of the iPhone Xs Max
3) Does not include the free gifts given with the print edition
Previously bought special editions not supported
With the special editions app no longer supported, I was very disappointed that all the magazines I bought through it were not ported over to this app. Not going to buy them again. Contacted the support email address and never heard back.
To much Who
I've been a reader of SFX for roughly 20 odd years now and a subscriber to the digital version for the last 18 months. I can't fault the digital version at all it works to perfection and I prefer it to the print version where dare I say the pages are of a low quality. The only gripe I have is Doctor Who always gets maximum points even though it's junk sci fi 😉
- Future Publishing Ltd.
- 48.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- © Future Publishing Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- June 2011 £3.99
- July 2011 £3.99
- Summer 2011 £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.