*** FREE 30 DAY SUBSCRIPTION TRIAL – READ OUR LATEST ISSUE FREE TODAY ***
Total Guitar magazine has the best access to guitar heroes.
Every issue is crammed full of the world’s best and most accurate guitar tab and there are great songs, tracks and riffs for every level of player from beginner to expert.
From the latest metal and indie hits to classic rock, Total Guitar has more songs than any other guitar magazine.
Each issue is packed full of reviews of the latest guitars, amps, effects and basses.
Join thousands of others and download our free app now!
Once you’ve downloaded our app, you will need to take a free trial or purchase a single issue or subscription to access our in-depth content. We also publish specials and guides - browse our publications, read what interests you most, and get inspired.
Back issues, specials, and future issues are available for purchase within the app. Subscriptions are available on 1 month and 1 year terms, and auto-renew until you decide to cancel it. You can cancel your subscription at any point.
Individual issues are priced at:
Single issue £3.99 / $4.49 / €4.49
With subscription prices at:
1 month £2.49 / $2.99 / €2.99
1 year £27.99 / $31.99 / €31.99
Prices subject to change - please check inside the app for current pricing.
*** Please Note: Our digital edition is not printable and does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with the print edition. ***
• The free trial offer is only available to new subscribers. If you have previously subscribed then payment will be taken immediately.
• You can cancel at any time during the free trial period and you will not be charged. Simply turn off auto-renew in your Apple account subscriptions page at least 24 hours before the auto-renew is due.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase .
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
The subscription will include the current issue if you don't already own it and subsequently published future issues for the duration of your subscription period.
• We've rebranded the app with our new logo and updated the messaging system.
• Bookmarking bug fix. Some users reported that bookmarks were flickering which has now been fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Great. Could be perfect
I love the magazine, it's variety and the things it has taught me. The app is also good, however what I would improve is:
- the way the pages are blurred when you scroll to a new page. When you are reading something technical it can interrupt your thoughts while you wait for the page to focus. Not a big deal but annoying.
- the worst fault is that you do not have access to the tunes and videos off line and even when you are on line it can cut out or slow down and ruin the lesson. I know this is a deliberate decision because of space issues but I think readers ought to be given the choice as to whether they want access off line or not and let us manage any space issues. Readers ought to be able to make the choice when they play a tune or video as to whether they want it available off line. We could then delete anything that we no longer have off line use for. This is the advantage that getting the hard copy has over this app as you can download the music to iTunes or into a guitar teaching app (to, for example slow it down while you learn).
- I'd also love to have the ability to bookmark articles so that I could quickly go back to articles to which I would like to refer.
Great revamp of this magazine good for all abilities love jamming along to the tracks on digital version. I didn't start playing till I was 50 so some of them old songs would be great.
Used to be better
The backing track for the tabbed songs no longer plays in the background whilst reading the tab. It has for a while opened up in the browser so you can’t read the tab and play along to the backing track at the same time, not much use.
- Future Publishing Ltd.
- 50.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Future Publishing Limited
- In-App Purchases
- June 2011 £3.99
- July 2011 £3.99
- August 2011 £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.