A complete regular expression development tool meant for novices and professionals alike, this editor has many features designed to help in the development and storage of regular expressions. Based on the PCRE library, RegExRX will allow a user to craft patterns that are compatible with most regular expression flavors and will let them easily copy those patterns to other languages like Objective-C, Perl, Ruby, PHP and Xojo.
Some features include:
- Search and Replace modes.
- Color-coded tokens in both the "search" and "replace" patterns.
- Live matching against source text. Live replace too, where applicable.
- Insert menus with almost every acceptable token and a description of what they do, including constructs for various groupings, conditionals, lookarounds, and POSIX expressions.
- A "Match List" that shows all matches, with subexpressions and group names, and represents invisible characters like a space or return with their token equivalents ("\s" or "\r").
- Dark Mode support.
- Optionally show invisible characters in each field.
- A Templates menu for oft-used patterns. Save As Template from the File menu, or download free samples from our website directly into the Templates folder.
- Export the Match List to a text file, Excel, FileMaker Pro XML, or just the Clipboard.
- Save the Replaced Text to a text file.
- Stats on both the source text and replaced text so you can tell exactly where you are and what characters are represented at all times. Helps avoid errors caused by invisible characters.
- Linked scrolling among the source text, the replaced text and the Match List.
- Support for Unicode tokens, verbs, and subroutines.
- Save regular expressions in documents for reuse.
- Open as many windows as desired.
- Multiple levels of undo and redo.
- Link your sample source text to a file for easy reloading.
- Support for free-spacing mode.
- Full Unicode support, including a chart of all Unicode characters.
- A fluid interface that lets you resize each panel freely.
We also provides several ready-to-use sample regular expressions in a separate, free download. These samples include finding e-mail addresses, validating dates, removing duplicate lines, and more, and are available at our web site. (Check the Help menu to download directly through RegExRX.)
- Dark Mode support.
- Added Toggle Invisibles option to each field.
- Ability to split the source into multiple virtual documents.
- Added a preference to open templates as "clean".
- Exporting the Match List to Excel or FileMaker Pro XML will include the replacement when in Replace mode.
- Export Match List to Clipboad option.
- Updated PCRE to 8.42.
- Copy as Xojo code now includes a loop to fetch the next match.
- Character Chart will show invalid code points in red.
- Fixed help tag on Help Tags preference checkbox.
- Fixed tab wrapping problem on Mac version (text would wrap to the next line if a tab was after the 50th character).
- A failed "Reload Source" will show an error message instead of an Exception.
- Moving an open document will no longer crash.
Ratings and Reviews
So convenient a tool
A lot of thought has clearly gone into designing this app around the user. I like using it a lot, for several years now. I have moderate skill at regexes but over many years, and was delighted to discover this app, through the excellent reviews by others.
I like it's features, which are comprehensive:
* Drop-down menu showing all available Search Pattern tokens, with explanations.
* Instant feedback as develop my regex.
* Many colours for colorising the syntax.
* Drill-down into a match (subexpressions), that lists the group(s) captured.
* Synced scrolling of sources and matches.
* Alternating shading of successive sources and matches.
* Export of list of matches, to a file.
* Saves everything in one file conveniently for future use (i.e. regex (Search Pattern), source, & matches).
I can't comment on the line-ending options or downloadable templates, but they look to be very useful.
This app makes developing regexes much easier, faster, and accurate.
A clear 5/5 app!
This has saved me so much time and helped out my workflow so much! I’ve never been too good with regular expression, and I’ve never invested the time to learn either, so this product is a life saver. I can’t remember if I had trouble using it initially, but now, I feel near-fluent with this program. Keep up the good work!
Keep bit of software
Really good bit of kit. Used to use notepad++ for this on a Windows PC, and was looking for something equally as simple and effecient for the Mac. Great for some of those awkward system administration tasks or when you need to manipulate large datasets, results etc..
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Kem Tekinay
- 20.3 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
- Age Rating
- ©2019 by MacTechnologies Consulting.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.