Learn to code and make your own games with Hopscotch.
**As seen on Shark Tank**
**Downloaded over 24 million times**
**36 million games created**
“Hopscotch is the best way to express your imagination! Most other "learn to code" apps just make you complete boring levels with 4 "move" blocks, but in hopscotch you have the freedom to create anything, which is amazing.” — BuildASnowman, Hopscotcher
“This taught me sooooo much about basics of coding. I have been able to make some cool games I hope to learn more as I advance this app was extremely helpful and easy to learn.” — BestBeginnersCoding, Hopcotcher
“I had ZERO background or programming experience. I personally checked all 8 or 10 of these blogs about recommendations. And Hopscotch was the most intuitive and interactive. It’s not like you’re just playing video games. My daughter loves it!” — Mom, S. to daughter, 8
“I am a 4th grade teacher who LOVES your app. Our students have been introduced to coding through it and I am impressed with the creativity they have shown and the skills they are building while creating projects.” — Kelley, 4th grade teacher
Whether games, art, stories or more, you can code whatever you want with kid-friendly programming. Publish your creations to Hopscotch’s fully moderated community, where kids can play and learn from your games.
Explore and learn from millions of projects created by other kids. Open up any project to play, tweak, or remix it. With thousands of games published every week, you’ll never run out of ideas or inspiration!
Our play-along video tutorials teach you to make Crossy Road, PokemonGo, and more. Listen, watch, and code as you go! As you become a better programmer, Hopscotch will challenge you to create increasingly advanced games and apps. These skills will help you in high school, college, and beyond.
PRESS + AWARDS
** Parents Magazine: Best Apps for Families **
** FastCompany: Innovation By Design Finalist **
** Parent’s Choice Gold Medal: Software **
** Children’s Technology Review: Best Educational Technology **
** The New York Times **
** The Wall Street Journal **
** WIRED **
** Parents Magazine **
** FastCompany **
** Apple App Store Editors **
See how much your child will love learning to code with Hopscotch! Join 10 million families coding on Hopscotch. Upgrade to Hopscotch Pro for premium creation tools. Get a week-long free trial, and then subscribe for $9.99/month or $79.99/year. You can cancel anytime, hassle free.
Hopscotch is used on 44% of school iPads in the US. Sign up as an educator when you download Hopscotch, and then start coding in your classroom with free lesson plans and student accounts. Increase student engagement with our library of self-guided video tutorials. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
SAFETY + PRIVACY
Hopscotch values kids’ safety and privacy. Hopscotch does not require or collect Personal Information from children, and is COPPA Certified by iKeep Safe.
Subscribe to Hopscotch Pro for premium creation tools.
You can choose between two auto-renewing subscription options:
- $9.99 per month
- $79.99 per year
Get a 7-day free trial when you upgrade to Hopscotch Pro. Cancel at any time before the trial period ends, and you won’t be charged until after the trial period. Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
To cancel a subscription, disable auto-renewal in your iTunes settings (General > iTunes Settings > Subscriptions > Manage) and allow the current period to end. Refunds are not available for unused portions of a subscription per iTunes policy.
Get excited - you are getting a brand new editor in Hopscotch! Now, you can make your own multi-level games or multi-page storybook easily with the scenes feature. Here are some quick facts about scenes:
- Scenes are different screens or stages of your game
- Use the blue “Change Scenes” block in the Control section to switch between scenes
- You can add, delete, rename or drag to reorder the scenes in the scenes menu
- Test out your code easily by tapping the “Play” button to preview the current scene
You are also getting some bug fixes in this release:
- Some of you have reported that Hopscotch would crash unexpectedly on your devices. Great news - we have a fix! This version will allow you to code, play, and learn in Hopscotch without interruption.
- Previously, the text would go back randomly when typing a long paragraph. This bug is now fixed. Thanks to StarlightStudios for spotting this!
- The Open Project block was causing the app to crash when you pasted a project link. This is now fixed. A special shout-out to Crosbyman64 for reporting this!
- Deleting custom images in your project was not working. Now you can delete custom images from the keyboard section again. Hat tip to Creation Productions for reporting this!
- Some projects in the community were not showing custom images. This is now fixed. Thanks to Fundardo for reporting this bug!
Ready to try out the scenes feature in your next masterpiece? We’re hyped to see what you’ll create! As always, if you have any questions/comments/feedback, please email us at email@example.com. Happy Hopscotching!
Ratings and Reviews
“Coding” may sound a bit dry and daunting to some newcomers, but those are the last things that come to mind while using Hopscotch. The app lets you have as much fun making games as playing them, and with its colorful, friendly interface and stacks of help and tutorials, kids (and grown-ups!) can build all kinds of apps—while learning the fundamentals of programming. Best of all, you can share your creations so anyone with an iPhone or iPad can play them too!
Grate but can have a huge update
Hopscotch is so good but I have a huge update hopscotch can do.
You can make objects merge together with a coding block say I was making a tower defence game,I would want a tower block so they could do the same thing, sure you can already do that but with that update it would so much more easy. PS I am working on a tower defence game so that’s why I want the update.
Hopscotch is interesting to use but has some problems.
I've used Hopscotch for several years on and off. It gets better in some ways but worse in others. Drawing with colour trails is ok but it is almost impossible to program a defined colour sequence for a rainbow because you have to click the colour into the statement, rather than a number or name to represent the colour. Also the way that your own blocks works seems to be weirdly wrapped up in their context. I want a global block but have to put it within a particular definition and can only use it in there. It makes me wonder why parts of it were written in such a weird fashion.
Developer Response ,
Hey there! We’d love to talk to you more. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or discuss it with other Hopscotchers at forum.gethopscotch.com. Ana
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hopscotch Technologies
- 210.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 9 to 11
- © 2012-2022 Hopscotch Technologies, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Subscription with free trial £7.99
- Hopscotch Monthly Subscription £7.49
- Hopscotch Monthly Subscription £7.99
- 1 Year Subscription with free trial £77.99
- 1 Year Subscription with free trial £59.99
- Hopscotch Monthly Subscription £8.99
- Hopscotch Yearly Subscription £72.99
- Hopscotch Yearly Subscription £72.99
- Hopscotch Yearly Subscription £35.99
- Pack of 50 seeds £2.49