Create professional quality Jazz tracks to your own chords in minutes with Volume 3 of the award-winning SessionBand Jazz app - the world’s only chord-based loop
It's the ultimate Jazz play-along and the perfect tool for Jazz songwriters – wherever you are and whatever your level of ability.
“Supremely versatile“ Jazzwise
“Remarkably polished“ Forbes
“Extraordinarily useful“ Jamie Cullum
“A definite recommendation for both amateur and professional musicians“ iTOP News
With a further 16,000 precision-cut, chord-based loops (included in the download) performed and produced for SessionBand by 5 of the world's leading Jazz musicians, SessionBand Jazz Volume 3 instantly converts the chords you select into great-sounding Jazz audio - wherever you are and whatever your ability.
Volume 3 includes 15 totally new and diverse Jazz styles (compared to SessionBand Jazz Volumes 1 & 2), from a slow Jazz Ballad, ECM, Swing Funk and Medium Latin through Love Supreme & Bembe to Fast Latin and Swing.
And with a host of pro features like automated mixing, auto-transpose and one-touch live recording, it has never been easier or quicker to create your own studio quality Jazz - even if you can't play a note!
SessionBand Jazz – Volume 3 is a pro Jazz app - essential for anyone studying music and perfect for the Jazz musician looking for the ultimate jam session – but equally, it's simple enough for non-musicians who love Jazz to create their own great-sounding, copyright-free music.
Since its launch, SessionBand Jazz Volume 3 has reached Top 10 in the paid music app charts in no fewer than 55 countries.
Watch the video at sessionbandapp.com
The fastest way to create studio-quality Jazz...
• Simply pick one of 15 Jazz styles
• Choose your chords
• Stretch or shorten loops in seconds
• Build up your track in minutes
• Instantly hear your track across different Jazz styles and tempos
• Auto-transpose your entire track (not electronic pitch shift!)
• Mix your track (manual or automated)
• Adjust track tempo (+/- 15%)
• Record direct to audio
• Copy straight to other music apps (if you want to)
• Share with the world!
Get 5 of the world's top Jazz musicians playing on your tracks...
Drums – Sebastiaan De Krom (Herbie Hancock, John Scofield, Phil Woods, Dave Holland, Jamie Cullum...)
Sax – Dave O'Higgins (Jim Mullen, Ray Charles, Frank Sinatra, Salif Keita...)
Bass - Geoff Gascoyne (Georgie Fame, Michel Legrand, Sting, Van Morrison, Benny Golson...)
Piano – Tom Cawley (Jack DeJohnette, Charlie Watts, Jane Monheit, Guy Barker, Peter Gabriel...)
Trumpet/Flugel – Martin Shaw (John Dankworth, Michel Legrand, Tim Garland, Sting, Jamiroquai...)
The ultimate mobile practice tool...
• Practice with your very own world-class Jazz quartet
• Loop markers let you focus on specific sections
• Mute / solo instrument channels (manual and automated)
• Transpose your whole track instantly
You don't have to be a musician to make great-sounding Jazz tracks and release them royalty-free...
• Simple, intuitive interface
• Audition loops as you go
• 'Track Builder' makes building a full track quick and easy
• Intuitive mixing and record functions
• Hugely educational
Detailed Product Information
• 15 diverse popular Jazz styles in tempo order: Jazz Ballad; Swing Funk; Slow ECM; Slow 3 / 4; Love Supreme; Medium Latin; Swing Jazz Licks; Swing Guide Tones; Bembe; Fast ECM; Fast Latin; Safari; Trad Jazz; 7 / 4 Even 8ths; Fast Swing
• Tempos from 80bpm to 250bpm
• 10 chord variations for every root note in all 15 styles: maj7(9); maj7(#11); 7(13); 7(b9); 7(#5,#9); 7sus(13); m7(9); m7(b5); m(maj7); dim
• Each of the 15 Jazz styles includes 15 alternative drum grooves and drum fills in addition to the 'main' drum pattern for that style
• The exclusive musical content in this app is not duplicated in any of the other SessionBand apps
• All loops are offered royalty-free and can be used freely in your own works
Fix for audio issues with older iOS versions
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Actually love the session band apps - I know they are trying to cover a LOT of ground but it is frustrating at times that there is no simple major chord among(st) the chord types given - quite a few jazz tunes use them surprisingly - but perhaps this is a minor gripe [heh] For quickly sketching a piece for later reflection n amendment an ideal aide memoire
Great little app which is a step change in quality from iReal because that ain’t real people. This is. Love it. One improvement would be more Fill alternatives for drums and base and maybe just some root notes and/or syncopated arpeggios etc on on base to choose so something a little more varied can be constructed. (Keyboard player here so biased; sure the horn and front line players will say something similar about the chords...) looking forward to more installations.
Thanks guys, my favourite Jazz apps (1, 2 and 3) now have Audiobus 3 compatability with latest update. Any more jazz apps being developed? Jazz 4 please!
The edit mode could be a bit slicker in order to help build up long tracks, but otherwise nicely put together. A 2 bar count in option would be useful especially on tracks with fast bpm.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.