One of the best-selling picture books of all time now available on iPhone and iPad!
Dinosaur Roar! is an animated read & play app that brings the classic picture book to life. A must for kids who love dinosaurs and activities that are educational and fun. Dinosaur Roar! features loveable characters, reading, colouring and a cool name game.
“With its satisfying onomatopoeia and scope for silly voices, it's one of my favourite books ever to read loud." Alex O'Connell, The Times
• Dinosaur Roar! by Paul Stickland and Henrietta Stickland is published by the Penguin Random House Group.
• Dinosaur Roar! described by its peers as a ‘modern classic’ and ‘a child’s first dinosaur book’
• The book has sold over 5 million copies worldwide
• Dinosaur Roar! is the inspiration for a major new project for pre-schoolers being developed by Nurture Rights in association with the Natural History Museum. All sales from the Dinosaur Roar! app support the work of the Natural History Museum.
Story – fully immersive and interactive experience. Key features include:
• Innovative scrolling function to move through the story, which is displayed as a continuous journey through the dinosaurs’ world.
• Option to listen to the story (narrated by children) or read the story by yourself
• Special record function! Read and save your own voice.
• Images and animation created using Paul Stickland’s original paintings.
• Children will love to watch, listen to and touch the dinosaurs as they stomp, shuffle, snuffle, snort, chomp, grunt, blink, squeak and roar.
Colouring – original artwork in black & white gives a roarsome opportunity for creative play. Key features include:
• 14 dinosaurs to colour!
• Fun menu screen gives children quick way to select favourite dinosaur
• Children use their fingers to add colours and patterns to all of their favourite dinosaurs
• A choice of colours for each dinosaur make it possible for children to be as creative as they like
• Magic colouring option means little fingers can create a dinosaur that looks exactly like the original
• Save function means children can preserve their mini-masterpieces
• Each dinosaur can be coloured again and again (and again!)
Dinosaur name – a fun name game that can be played over and over again. Children enter their name then shake the pad to see it dinosaured!
Note, some animations are currently not supported on iPhone 4, 4S, iPad 2 or first generation iPad mini
We hope you are enjoying the app and having lots of fun!
We have made some improvements to the app on the lower end devices. If you would like to get in touch please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Music spoils it
It's a fantastic book but the music spoils it - being endlessly repetitive and loud against the voices. It affects how it can be read and REALLY needs an option to turn the music loop off.
Nothing to it.
Really not worth £1.99. The same poem and pictures and a bit of colouring
Great buy for my 3 year-old
My son loved this, particularly the roaring dinosaur! Lovely illustrations and music, and educational (showing opposites) but not dull. He enjoyed the colouring function, too.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.