• Fixed an issue where players would be able to play with an invalid number of a single card in their deck.
• Fixed an issue against the AI where the "Finish" button would not be selectable after casting some spells.
• Fixed a softlock that occurred when a player manually tapped certain lands for mana, then zoomed in and out on a card before making a selection of which color of mana to add.
• Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented a player from leaving a match when an opponent conceded when a vehicle prompted a player to choose a vehicle's crew targets.
• Fixed an issue where some lands would disappear from the card collection after being removed from a deck list.
• Fixed an issue where Altered Ego would enter the battlefield with the incorrect number of +1/+1 counters if it targeted a creature with +1/+1 counters on it.
• Fixed an issue where a player targeted by Combustible Gearhulk's ability would not have a visible decision timer.
• Fixed an issue where it appeared that Ormendahl, Profane Prince was tapped after transforming from Westvale Abbey.
• Fixed an issue where Nissa's Judgment dealt damage before the +1/+1 counters were placed on creatures.
• Fixed an issue where a token copy of Greenwarden of Murasa could be exiled to return a card a card to a player's hand.
• Fixed an issue where spells redirected from Silverfur Partisan to another Wolf/Werewolf failed to cause the Partisan's ability to trigger again.
• Fixed an issue where some cards that have flying or grant flying didn't appear in the "Flying" filter of the deck builder.
• Fixed an issue when editing an invalid deck that would bring the player to the wrong deckbuilding screen.
• Fixed an issue in the single-player campaign where Tezzeret would sometimes sacrifice his Planar Bridge to destroy Gideon Jura. That's excessive, even for him.
• Fixed an issue on iOS where some players would crash upon entering a Versus match or a match with some kinds of decks.
Ratings and Reviews
Fun but buggy in multiplayer
I love Magic, and this is a mostly nice mobile version. But its player-to-player syncing has frustrating bugs. Often, the game gets out of sync while I play a card, and it shows my swipe animation, but the card does not get played – very annoying! And just now, it was out of sync so long on my turn that it just skipped my turn when it synced again, and I lost the duel. 🤬
Fun for beginners but...
I have recently returned to magic and the story mode helped me to get back into the swing of things. Unfortunately, once you have completed the story, which took some time but was only difficult on some of the levels, he rest of the game is irritatingly bad and lacklustre. There is no way to make a decent deck with the lack of coins once you have completed the campaign, which makes it even harder to win the CPU matches and earn any coins to improve your deck. When you decide to play online, you have a terrible experience in which you are matched with someone that has never played before and kill them in 5 turn or are matched against someone who has payed money to get in game coins and destroys you.
I understand that that is a part of magic but is ridiculous that they expect you to pay for virtual cards as well as real ones. If you do find a player at equal skill level, they will often just wait for the 2 min timer to run out on their turn EVERY TURN to make you leave so they get the win. Either that or they simply close the app and no one wins. Only fun for the first few hours of game time, but if you are new i would recommend it to practice.
Pretty good but needs improvement
I’ve seen a lot of hate on this game and a lot of love but I personally don’t mind the issues in this game
As a person that has spent hours upon hours on mtg, I can see why people complain about deckbuilding I’m this game, but I find it a pleasant challenge trying to find cards in my collection that synergise despite my lack of cards. Admittedly, the deckbuilding wizard is crap, but manual deckbuilding opens up a lot of choices and is pretty well laid out. My main suggestion to fix deckbuilding issues is to lower the cost of boosters and give players the whole 15 cards a real life booster would.
Multiplayer pvp has been hated so much it’s kind of disheartening but I understand why it’s met with such hate. The matches are largely unbalanced due to pay-to-win, but I feel like this can best be solved by basing matchmaking on a win:loss ratio so that people can find players on their level a bit easier. Other than that there is not much the developers can do about that
Finally, one thing that will bug me to the end of time is losing my reward at the end of a tough campaign level due to server connection. If there is a way to allow players to play the campaign offline and still receive coins, please implement it, it would fix quite a few issues
In conclusion, good game, but developers need to be a bit more player-friendly in terms of a few mechanics :)
- Wizards of the Coast LLC
- 2.2 GB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch)Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation) and iPod touch (7th generation).
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Magic, Magic Duels, their respective logos, and character names and distinctive likenesses are property of Wizards of the Coast LLC. ©2015 Wizards.
- In-App Purchases
- 150 Coins £1.99
- 1250 Coins £9.99
- 500 Coins £4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.