Safeland is an award-winning, free digital tool that brings communities together to build a stronger, safer society.
Safeland creates an online ‘Neighbourhood Watch’, making your local community safer and more secure through a variety of exciting features.
Users can share and receive local incident information in real time, by real people. Safeland also provides a personal safety alarm, so users can notify their groups or nearby public that they need immediate assistance. In certain countries, Safeland can be connected to users' home alarm systems, giving neighbourhoods a new level of collaborative home security.
It’s easy to use, completely free and available to everyone!
• Local incidents (‘events’) are plotted directly onto a map so users can see their location.
• Events can be shared publicly or to select groups.
• Event categories include: Warning, Emergency, Missing, Found, Enquiry, Discussion and Information
• Users can collaborate by commenting on events to strategise action plans together.
Personal Safety Alarm
• Users can set a personal safety alarm using a timer (great for walking home!)
• The alarm will be triggered when the timer lapses, or can be triggered manually if the user feels unsafe.
• The alarm will plot the user’s specific location on the map.
• The user can select who receives their alarm - nearby public or certain groups.
Connected Home Security Alarm*
• Various home security alarm systems can be connected to Safeland so notifications can be received instantly via the app.
• Triggered home alarms can be sent to the user, surrounding public, or selected groups to enable a fast and effective response.
• Neighbourhoods with multiple Safeland-connected homes become digital ‘eyes’ for each other, strengthening neighbourhood security.
* currently only available in the Swedish app
This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease device battery life.
New feature: You can now include PDF documents in posts and comments.
And as usual, we have fixed some bugs and made improvements to the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent App for your community
Excellent app, but as per previous review it needs more exposure. I have a group with 130 users locally and it has been of great use.
Only issues are that only the initial poster can delete a post and admin can only report it.
More admin tools are required whereby Admin can edit posts or initial subject in their group. Had an instance today whereby someone posted a photo of someone suspicious riding his bike. The guy was totally genuine but had to request initial poster to delete. Could cause someone problems is misused.
Also it would be good to be able to search for a road or postcode in the UK rather than just using GPS or moving around the screen.
It is a wonderful app and I wish its developer good luck with it.
A great app that will get even better with age.
This is a great app for knowing if anything bad is happening in your neighbourhood. It's a bit narrow in scope at the moment, but as more people have signed up I've noticed it get better. People, including police and civilians, provide information of interest about any crimes or things to avoid around you. Good work, Trygve!
Poor and unknown
I tried to use this with 3 accounts to set up a group. Can’t manage a simple group as it tells me I’m not the organiser. I live on an area with over 120 street coordinators. Not one has this app.
I guess the idea is good, but poor implementation and lack of publicity kills it.
I’ll stay with Neighbourhood Alerts
- United Eyes AB
- 60.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © United Eyes AB
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.