IDAGIO is the leading streaming app for classical music with the unique Fair Artist Payout Model, over 2 million tracks, exclusive video concerts, the latest releases and personalized recommendations.
• Browse the comprehensive audio catalogue and filter by composer, work,
orchestra, soloist and more
• Watch exclusive classical video concerts from all over the world
• Discover new classical music with your personalized Weekly Mix
• Get inspired with exclusive playlists curated by experts and artists from within the
classical music community
• Find out more about the album you are listening to with digital booklets
• Enjoy Gapless Playback
• Play recommended tracks right on your Apple Watch
• CarPlay: Enjoy IDAGIO while in your car
• Apple TV: Watch exclusive classical video concerts on your Apple TV
Choose your plan:
• Listen to 2 million tracks in radio mode
• On-demand and ad-free listening
• Unlimited, personal Collection
• Offline listening
• High-quality audio in MP3/AAC format at 320kbps
• Connecting via Airplay, Bluetooth, Chromecast, Sonos, Burmester, Bluesound and
• All benefits of the Premium membership plus
• Access to our highest audio quality in lossless format (FLAC 16bit 44.1kHz)
Premium+ Concerts Plan
• All benefits of the Premium+ membership plus
• Access to all available concerts in the Global Concert Hall from all available
IDAGIO is crafted in Berlin by a world-class team of passionate experts in music, technology, business and design.
With subscribers in over 190 countries and more than 1.8 million app downloads worldwide, IDAGIO is the leading streaming service for classical music.
We work with a Fair Artist Payout Model - but what does that mean for artists? It means two things - firstly that we pay artists and right holders per second instead per play, and secondly that we distribute royalties based on the actual listening behaviour of each single user. With IDAGIO you directly support the artist you love. It's that simple.
Terms and Conditions: http://www.idagio.com/terms
*) Prices may differ per territory. The payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of the purchase. The subscription automatically renews at the end of your subscription period. Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. You can cancel your subscription at any time with effect for the following subscription period by disabling auto-renewal in your Apple ID Account Settings at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription before the end of the trial period.
* It's getting dark: from now on you can also enjoy IDAGIO in dark mode!
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app! Really excellent selections of music and the curated playlists and ‘moods’ you can select are fabulous.
I have cancelled all my other music streaming subscriptions because this app has educated me and genuinely inspired me to listen to classical music, as someone who was a bit of a novice!
The only suggestions I could make would for improvement would be a featured piece of music of the day, (maybe a bit like the article of the day on Wikipedia, which can just add a bit of interest and variety) and maybe a search function that allows you to get away with the occasional typo.
Great music, terrible features
The music itself, the database, the search filters and the sound quality are great and just what I wanted. Unfortunately the playlists and features, or lack thereof, is awful. In this day and age to not be able order items on a playlist, reorganise playlists, add whole albums to playlists etc is simply poor. Who knows the exact reverse order of tracks they want on a playlist before they start creating it, really?
Update: apparently you can now order single tracks within a playlist, but you still can't change the order of the playlists themselves or change the order of any other collections I.e. recordings, albums, tracks. It's basic stuff.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. It really helps us improve!
You are able to re-order tracks in your Collection's playlists, by opting to edit the playlist and drag and dropping the tracks. As for adding albums to playlists, I have marked your interest In this function and will be directly in touch once there is news.
Should you have further questions, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Always happy to help!
Constance @ IDAGIO
Great collection - software needs some work
The collection is great and the interface is fantastic designed to find classic music!
What I find quite find poor is no gapless playback between tracks. This is so essential for classical music. Buying recently an NAS Synology Server, the cheapest, I could easily set up gapless playing using their apps provided for free. And I enjoy gapless listening of my music collection on the go streaming from my server at home. It can’t be so difficult. On the other hand I notice the IDAGIO app does often forget the position in the track when you interrupt playback even for a short while.
In summary, while some aspects are good, there is a clear lack in some essential feature.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- idagio GmbH
- 81.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 14.0 or later.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 IDAGIO GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- IDAGIO Standard Legacy £9.99
- IDAGIO Premium £9.99
- IDAGIO Premium+ £12.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.