With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before.
Instantly create Magic Movies
• With just a few taps, you can create and share a beautiful, custom video
• Select an album or group of videos or images and iMovie will create a video for you — no video editing required — with titles, transitions and music
• Easily rearrange or delete clips in the simplified shot list
• Apply a different style to change the look and feel of the whole video
Learn storytelling with Storyboards
• Choose from 20 Storyboards that help you get started with popular video types
• Record video or take photos into each placeholder clip, or add media from your Photos library
• Add, reorder and delete clips as needed to organise and customise your story
• Apply a dynamic visual style that include title layouts, fonts, filters, colour palettes and music
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits
• Select videos and photos for your trailer or record video directly in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 13 Apple-designed video filters
• Choose from 11 animated title styles like Split, Reveal or Pop-up
• Adjust any title by changing its font, colour, size, location and more
• Add solid, gradient and patterned backgrounds to your movie
• Import and edit video captured in Cinematic mode on iPhone 13 or later
• Add, adjust and delete focus points and modify the depth of field effect in video recorded in Cinematic mode*
• Easily add picture-in-picture, green screen and split screen effects
• Select from more than 130 soundtracks that automatically adjust to the length of your movie
• Add sound effects, songs from your music library and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Connect a trackpad or mouse to iPad for fast and accurate moviemaking
• Transfer projects between your iPhone and iPad using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send projects to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video full screen while you edit**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your Photos library in resolutions up to 4K at 60 frames per second***
• Export videos optimised for Instagram, YouTube and other popular video destinations
* Requires iPhone XS or later, iPad mini (5th generation or later), iPad Air (3rd generation or later), iPad Pro 11-inch or iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation or later)
** External display support requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad Air 3 or later, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) or later
*** 4K at 60 frames per second support requires iPod touch (7th generation), iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 7, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air 3 or later, iPad Pro 10.5-inch or later
iMovie 3.0.2 includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
• Easily open your iMovie project in Final Cut Pro for iPad and take advantage of advanced editing and effects.
• Adds support for log-encoded video recorded with iPhone 15 Pro.
• Fixes an issue where a project may not open from the Files app.
• Fixes an issue where exporting a video would sometimes result in displaying an incorrect Storage Almost Full error.
Ratings and Reviews
Now, don’t get me wrong. I love making Gacha videos on this. It’s very useful and can be accessed without internet. But there’s two things that bug me a lot.
1. When a song is DM protected: I hate this because I accidentally put 2 of the same songs in my playlist and one of that song is DM protected and another isn’t! I would really like to put in some more songs that might actually fit the theme of my video. So, if you can, please try your best to fix this
2. Ken Burns, transitions and speed: When you do Ken Burns and Transitions, please please please make an option to turn all of them off and same with the transitions. It’s really tiring having to scroll through everything. And speed, why is it not available for IPad 😩😫!? Do you know how much better my gacha videos would be without having to stare at someone saying ‘Yes,’ or ‘No,’ for five incredibly long seconds. I know it doesn’t sound too bad but I don’t know what’s wrong with adding speed to the IOS version!
Alright app... but could be better
It’s not a bad app, and gets the job done, but it has some drawbacks. I’ve use it as an artist, to speed up time-lapse videos to post to social media. I can only speed up X2 which is frustrating, since I have to save the new video, import it, speed, save and repeat until I get to my preferred length (for social media formats). If I want to add music... that’s a whole new problem. I often crop and add just short clips of music, not a whole song, and I have to listen really carefully and scroll along, and try to clip it in the right place. Annoying, particularly if I don’t estimate the timing right and have to undo/clip again multiple times. And then I add my video into the “project”- if I added the video first, I wouldn’t be able to clip the music. So like I said, it gets the job done for what I need it to do, but there could be multiple improvements.
Another issue is this app takes up like 600MB- just over half a GB of data on my phone. Not cool. Please reduce the space somehow- given how I what and how often I use the app, it’s not really a good amount of space to be taking up.
Love this app!!
This app is so good and useful, I first downloaded it for a school project and then kept on using it for other stuff. I would definitely recommend this app but the only reason I gave it 4 stars (I would give it 4.5 but that is not an option and I didn't give it five because I want people to read this and understand my views) is because when u open up the app and press add (+) it's not as easy as it should be to press movie/trailer and get started. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I spend 5 - 10 minutes trying to open up a new project! Please look at this problem and I know it isn't just my phone because on every other app it works perfectly. This still is a great app so definitely get it but this note is mainly for the producers. So again please please please look into this!! I know this app could be perfect! Thank you
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 694.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2023 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.