With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before.
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer directly in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow motion and fast-forward*
• Easily add picture in picture, green screen and split screen effects
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music that automatically adjusts to match the length of your movie
• Add sound effects, songs from your music library and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro X
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video fullscreen while you edit**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60***
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop****
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV*****
* 2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display and later devices.
** Requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or iPad Pro (2017) or later
*** 4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro and later devices.
**** AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation) and later devices.
***** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
• Use iMovie on iPad with Magic Keyboard, a mouse or a trackpad for a new way to create movies and trailers (requires iPadOS 13.4)
• Use keyboard shortcuts to toggle between the five inspector modes when a clip is selected: Action, Speed adjustments, Volume, Titles and Filters
• Use keyboard shortcuts to quickly rotate video 90 degrees clockwise or anticlockwise
• Tap the Download All button at the top of the soundtracks list to download all bundled soundtracks at once
• Add PNG, GIF, TIFF and BMP files to your movie
• Performance and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
More trailer templates
This is the best app ever! It’s my go-to editing app. However, for the last 2-3 years I’ve been making trailers and nothing else. All I do on this is make trailers because it is really enjoyable. Because I’ve been using this for ages, I’ve used all the trailer templates over 100 times each! Don’t get me wrong, I love the templates but please can you make more? Please read this, I really want there to be more templates to use on this. Or maybe, can you make an advanced mode? I like to think of myself as an iMovie pro especially when it comes to making these trailers so it would be nice to have an advanced way of doing it. Like maybe being able to add voice overs? And showing some videos flashing. I think that would be epic! By doing that it would be just like real trailers (the ones you’ve got are real too) and seem so cool. Weather you add more templates or make an advanced mode, I don’t mind! But please can you listen to this because nowadays all my trailers are similar because I keep using the same templates. I hope you read this!
Now, don’t get me wrong. I love making Gacha videos on this. It’s very useful and can be accessed without internet. But there’s two things that bug me a lot.
1. When a song is DM protected: I hate this because I accidentally put 2 of the same songs in my playlist and one of that song is DM protected and another isn’t! I would really like to put in some more songs that might actually fit the theme of my video. So, if you can, please try your best to fix this
2. Ken Burns, transitions and speed: When you do Ken Burns and Transitions, please please please make an option to turn all of them off and same with the transitions. It’s really tiring having to scroll through everything. And speed, why is it not available for IPad 😩😫!? Do you know how much better my gacha videos would be without having to stare at someone saying ‘Yes,’ or ‘No,’ for five incredibly long seconds. I know it doesn’t sound too bad but I don’t know what’s wrong with adding speed to the IOS version!
THIS APP IS INCREDIBLE!!! It is a fun and easy app and I have been using it for ages and it does just what I want it to do. Especially because it is on an iPhone or any IOS. It gives you free sound effects and music. You can add audio, overlays, split screen and so much more. Some of you have been complaining how you can’t put more than 2 videos over each other. If you want to do that then save your 2 clips to your camera roll than create a new iMovie and add that video that you just created and add another clip other it. Repeat this method until your desire. The other good thing about this app is the fact that you don’t need any wifi. Not only can you create movies, but trailers, were there is a wide range of templates you can use. Also, if you are lucky iMovie may be already installed on your iPhone. I definitely recommend this app.
- Apple Distribution International
- 619.3 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 13.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.