With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before.
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer directly in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow motion and fast-forward*
• Easily add picture in picture, green screen and split screen effects
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music that automatically adjusts to match the length of your movie
• Add sound effects, songs from your music library and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro X
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video fullscreen while you edit**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60***
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop****
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV*****
* 2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display and later devices.
** Requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or iPad Pro (2017) or later
*** 4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro and later devices.
**** AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation) and later devices.
***** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
•Transform your video with the new green screen effect that lets you instantly remove the background of clips shot in front of a green or blue screen
• Adjust the green screen effect with a 4-point mask and strength slider
• Choose from 80 new soundtracks in genres including pop, chill and sentimental that automatically adjust to match the length of your movie
•Drop in still images with transparent backgrounds to use as logos or custom graphics on top of your video
• Add photos as overlays to create picture in picture and split screen effects
• Choose to hide the border that surrounds picture in picture and split screen effects
• Instantly return to the edit screen of your project when switching back to iMovie from other applications
• ClassKit support lets students deliver video assignments to teachers using the Schoolwork app
• For users with videos in iMovie Theater, the Theater window is now accessible from the ••• menu at the bottom of the Projects screen
• Sharing to iMovie Theater is no longer supported; save your movies and trailers to iCloud Photos to watch them on other devices including Apple TV
• Resolves an issue that could lead to a black viewer when previewing your video fullscreen on an external display
Ratings and Reviews
Now, don’t get me wrong. I love making Gacha videos on this. It’s very useful and can be accessed without internet. But there’s two things that bug me a lot.
1. When a song is DM protected: I hate this because I accidentally put 2 of the same songs in my playlist and one of that song is DM protected and another isn’t! I would really like to put in some more songs that might actually fit the theme of my video. So, if you can, please try your best to fix this
2. Ken Burns, transitions and speed: When you do Ken Burns and Transitions, please please please make an option to turn all of them off and same with the transitions. It’s really tiring having to scroll through everything. And speed, why is it not available for IPad 😩😫!? Do you know how much better my gacha videos would be without having to stare at someone saying ‘Yes,’ or ‘No,’ for five incredibly long seconds. I know it doesn’t sound too bad but I don’t know what’s wrong with adding speed to the IOS version!
More trailer templates
This is the best app ever! It’s my go-to editing app. However, for the last 2-3 years I’ve been making trailers and nothing else. All I do on this is make trailers because it is really enjoyable. Because I’ve been using this for ages, I’ve used all the trailer templates over 100 times each! Don’t get me wrong, I love the templates but please can you make more? Please read this, I really want there to be more templates to use on this. Or maybe, can you make an advanced mode? I like to think of myself as an iMovie pro especially when it comes to making these trailers so it would be nice to have an advanced way of doing it. Like maybe being able to add voice overs? And showing some videos flashing. I think that would be epic! By doing that it would be just like real trailers (the ones you’ve got are real too) and seem so cool. Weather you add more templates or make an advanced mode, I don’t mind! But please can you listen to this because nowadays all my trailers are similar because I keep using the same templates. I hope you read this!
Love this app!!
This app is so good and useful, I first downloaded it for a school project and then kept on using it for other stuff. I would definitely recommend this app but the only reason I gave it 4 stars (I would give it 4.5 but that is not an option and I didn't give it five because I want people to read this and understand my views) is because when u open up the app and press add (+) it's not as easy as it should be to press movie/trailer and get started. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I spend 5 - 10 minutes trying to open up a new project! Please look at this problem and I know it isn't just my phone because on every other app it works perfectly. This still is a great app so definitely get it but this note is mainly for the producers. So again please please please look into this!! I know this app could be perfect! Thank you
- Apple Distribution International
- 714.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.