Inkist lets you paint on your iPad with highly customizable brushes and tools you expect from advanced painting software. Inkist eschews the trend of hiding interface elements from you, and presents you with everything you need up front. This minimizes the number of taps needed to switch between tools and provides you with a faster, more streamlined drawing experience.
• Stylus pressure sensitivity with Wacom styluses, Adonit styluses, Pogo Connect, and preliminary support for Apple Pencil
• Ability to screen out non-stylus touches with Adonit Jot Touch (Requires Jot Touch 4 or higher), Pogo Connect, and Wacom styluses.
• Share layered files with Inkist/Inkist Lite Mac
• Three layers with blend modes, opacity, and opacity locking settings
• Export PNG, proprietary ISImage file formats, and individual layer files
• Custom shape/pattern
• Minimum radius (light stylus pressure, or beginning and end of stroke)
• Radius jitter
• Minimum opacity
• Opacity jitter
• Color jitter
• Angle jitter
• Make angle follow brush
• Brush files compatible with Inkist on Mac
• Blending tool
• Dodge/Burn blending with customizable strength for highlights, mid tones, and temperature adjustment
• Line tool
• Selection tools
• Hue saturation lightness controls
• Luminance curves
• Text tool
• Image sizes up to 2048x2048
• Option to move toolbar for a left-handed interface
• Brush stroke mirroring
Screenshot artwork generously provided by:
1st: Ray Dillon: http://raydillon.com
2nd: iPad Creator: http://necojarashi.blogspot.com
• Updates Adonit Stylus SDK, now supports newer styluses
• Updates Wacom Bluetooth Pen SDK
• Updates Pogo Connect SDK
• Adds preliminary support for Apple Pencil
• Experimental compatibility for Apple Pencil & Force Touch
• Inkist may begin to get regular updates (if ads perform reasonably)
• Adds option to export all layers as png files
• An ad will now be shown after image export is complete
• Removes Hex3 JaJa SDK (it is incompatible with iOS9, and has not been updated)
• Removes PSD import/export support (the library used has not been updated for arm64 support)
• Support for some older Jot Touches has been removed (the new SDK does not support older jot touches, and the older SDK has not been updated for arm64)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good backbone, but a bit odd to use. It's hard to find how to make a new file, the fact that you have to press the 'export' button to get to a main menu with your files is ridiculous, and I don't use the app very often so I keep forgetting, then spend about 10 minutes trying to find out how to get back to that menu.
Zooming is really iffy and it draws whenever I try it. This is a major problem and makes me not want to use the app at all.
In general things are just very unclear... Needs work before I would enjoy using.
It's great for people who enjoy art and everything. But the one thing that annoys the hell out of me is that when I zoom in, it draws lines. To make matters worse, after a certain amount of time, it doesn't even let me undo my strokes anymore. It just keeps on saying "Nothing to undo". It's so annoying. It really puts me off using the app, so it needs major improvements before I can say it was worth the price.
It Is Free Like Flu & You Don't Want That Either
If you use a Wacom or Pogo stylus I shouldn't be tempted. Free is a lot to pay for all the rebooting and freezing. I use the iPad Air 2 and latest models of several pressure sensitive styli. JUST SELECTING THE POGO CRASHES THE THING. Not using it, just choosing it from the drop down makes the App disappear and necessitates a reboot!
I really don't know if it is a good App as I can't run it again without rebooting. Thats it.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.