Plan optimal routes or chart your own course using weather, elevation, curves and more. Then navigate safely with voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions that automatically check your route for severe weather.
Test all features free for 7 days.
***Featured as Best New App in US App Store for Navigation***
“adding to both the safety of the ride and the pleasure of knowing beforehand what to expect” - Florin Tibu, “autoevolution”
“I used InRoute for planning six world record attempts. No weather app gives you more information, period.” - Carl Reese, Multiple World Record Holder
Key Features (some require in-app purchase--see below):
• Voice guided navigation of up to 150 locations with automatic severe weather alerts (alerts are currently available in US, Canada, UK, and Germany)
• Optimise waypoint order for fastest time, or manually reorder
• Import from XLSX, GPX and KML files
• Create custom routes based on weather, elevation and curviness, or build your own route from available alternates on each leg of a route
• Interactive charts showing route elevation, curviness, weather (temperature, humidity, precipitation, wind speed/direction, severe weather alerts), and sunrise/sunset times
• Search along a route—the whole route, every x miles/hours, or the next x miles/hours from a place—find gas, hotels, campgrounds or places to eat close to a route
• Set Departure and Layover Times—weather forecasts, road conditions (e.g. congestion), and travel times accurately reflect conditions throughout the trip
• Save your favorite routes and places, sync between devices, organize into folders, print via Airprint, and share with family and friends
• Easily add places to the map using a Dropped pin, Search, or Contacts
• Export routes to Apple Maps, Google Maps, Navigon, and Waze. Some apps use inRoute's "Agenda Nav" feature. See the in-app FAQ for more info
• Export to GPS devices and apps compatible with GPX files
• Routes are stored on your device so you can access them even if you lose connection
The following are available after in-app purchase:
- Add more than 5 places per route, weather and elevation charts/custom routes, voice navigation, iCloud sync, export, layovers, advanced route search
- For additional details, see the in-app Upgrades screen
inRoute Pro: £3.99 monthly, or £29.99 annually. Test 7 days for free. Create routes with up to 150 locations and access all services.
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Note: Since continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life, inRoute will automatically shut down if you haven't used it in a while.
- Fix for bug that could cause navigation to end during phone calls on iOS 13
v7.0: iOS 13 Features
• Dark Mode: Dark Mode with new Dark map type
• Multiple Windows: Compare multiple routes side by side (iPadOS)
• Undo/Redo: Undo route optimisation and adding/removing locations (for example with a 3-finger tap)
Ratings and Reviews
Great for cars, needs work for big vehicles
I use this daily for work, driving a Renault master LWB van.
It does a great job of optimising my route and offers realistic timings, it does however need a few tweaks to make it really usable when driving a large vehicle.
It would be great if the app could avoid narrow roads or low bridges which are unsuitable for vehicles other than cars etc. This could be achieved with an easily accessed 'alternative route' option at the very least which would also allow for easy navigation around closed roads or traffic jams.
Finally, the option to update roads as permanently closed would be very helpful, but I understand that the app probably relays on external maps which it has no control over.
Really really worth it
I have been looking for a navigation app like this for years and it’s taken for me to become self employed to find it.
A rough guide for people thinking “oh is this right for me?”
Let’s say you are starting a road trip, you have several places you want to call en route, and you have a fixed point as a destination eg a hotel. You can put the en route points as waypoints and then optimise your route so that you are not tooing and frowing between destinations, it’s brilliant.
All I would like to see in an update, if it’s not there already is to incorporate traffic like google maps does.
Apart from that, brill
I’m using the app for a motorbike road trip In Spain. I’m using it on an iPhone and listening to the directions on ear phones
It’s got me to all the places I need and I’ve been able to plan some great routes.
It has struggled with the map not been up to date around Valencia but it’s not suppressing considering all the new building work going on here
Highly recommend it for planning a road trip and if you are using audio directions only.
- Carob Apps, LLC
- 57.9 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Carob Apps
- In-App Purchases
- One-Time Route Planner Premium £4.99
- One-time Navigation & Severe Weather £9.99
- inRoute Premium £14.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.