Plan optimal routes or chart your own course using weather, elevation, curves and more. Then navigate safely with voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions that automatically check your route for severe weather.
***Featured as a Best New App on the US App Store for Navigation***
***As seen on the TODAY show in the Traveling This Summer segment***
“adding to both the safety of the ride and the pleasure of knowing beforehand what to expect” - Florin Tibu, “autoevolution”
“I used InRoute for planning six world record attempts. No weather app gives you more information, period.” - Carl Reese, Multiple World Record Holder
Key Features (some require inRoute Pro--see below):
• Voice guided navigation of up to 150 locations with automatic severe weather alerts (alerts are currently available in the US, Canada, and EU)
• Optimise waypoint order for fastest time, or manually reorder
• Import from XLSX, GPX and KML files
• Create custom routes based on weather, elevation and curviness, or build your own route from available alternates on each leg of a route
• Interactive charts showing route elevation, curviness, weather (temperature, humidity, precipitation, wind speed/direction, severe weather alerts), and sunrise/sunset times
• Search along a route—the whole route, every x miles/hours, or the next x miles/hours from a place—find gas, hotels, campgrounds or places to eat close to a route
• Set Departure and Layover Times—weather forecasts, road conditions (e.g. congestion), and travel times accurately reflect conditions throughout the trip
• Save your favorite routes and places, sync between devices, organize into folders, print via Airprint, and share with family and friends
• Easily add places to the map using a Dropped pin, Search, or Contacts
• Export routes to Apple Maps, Google Maps, Navigon, and Waze. Some apps use inRoute's "Agenda Nav" feature. See the in-app FAQ for more info
• Export to GPS devices and apps compatible with GPX files
• Routes are stored on your device so you can access them even if you lose connection
inRoute Pro (for iPhone, iPad & Mac):
- £4.99 monthly, or £39.99 annually. 1 week free trial
- Create routes with up to 150 locations (8 in free version)
- Sync routes and pins between devices
- Weather charts/custom routes
- Severe weather alerts during navigation (US, Canada, EU areas)
- Export/share routes as GPX files
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Note: Since continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life, inRoute will automatically shut down if you haven't used it in a while.
Fixed a bug that could cause a crash searching the map with recent iOS releases
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Well used App, update made slower.
I’ve used this App extensively and are a subscription user. I love the ability to future plan my bike trips and have access to my route library on either my iPad or iPhone & transfer the gpx files onto my Garmin.
Sadly the last update has made the App really slow with the satellite hybrid map. I love using this as can see the roads and areas I want to see and ride. Hopefully this is just a glitch that can be sorted soon.
Well done for an excellent Basecamp alternative for the iPad-iPhone
Developer Response ,
The new Satellite maps are higher resolution, 3D maps, and can be slower on some connections. However, you can switch back to the previous maps by tapping the map's More icon (bottom-center), then "App Settings", and under the "Advanced" section enable "Revert to 2D Hybrid Map". The Hybrid map type will then use the previous maps, same as before the update.
Hope this helps! If you have other questions, don't hesitate to contact us with the app's Help button or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Really really worth it
I have been looking for a navigation app like this for years and it’s taken for me to become self employed to find it.
A rough guide for people thinking “oh is this right for me?”
Let’s say you are starting a road trip, you have several places you want to call en route, and you have a fixed point as a destination eg a hotel. You can put the en route points as waypoints and then optimise your route so that you are not tooing and frowing between destinations, it’s brilliant.
All I would like to see in an update, if it’s not there already is to incorporate traffic like google maps does.
Apart from that, brill
Great for cars, needs work for big vehicles
I use this daily for work, driving a Renault master LWB van.
It does a great job of optimising my route and offers realistic timings, it does however need a few tweaks to make it really usable when driving a large vehicle.
It would be great if the app could avoid narrow roads or low bridges which are unsuitable for vehicles other than cars etc. This could be achieved with an easily accessed 'alternative route' option at the very least which would also allow for easy navigation around closed roads or traffic jams.
Finally, the option to update roads as permanently closed would be very helpful, but I understand that the app probably relays on external maps which it has no control over.
- Carob Apps, LLC
- 59.3 MB
Requires iOS 13.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Carob Apps
- In-App Purchases
- inRoute Pro £4.99
- Route Planner Premium £4.99
- inRoute Premium £14.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.