With Insight Mr Bit you can create simple programs in plain English to control the BBC micro:bit to do lots of useful things:
• Show images, animations, messages and graphs
• Control external devices and models connected to the micro:bit
• Design and play games
• Make measurements from sensors and do calculations
• Transmit and receive radio signals between two or more micro:bits
• Compose and play musical tunes
You can make the micro:bit do all these things without worrying about complicated code.
You decide on inputs and outputs, Mr Bit offers you choices and uses them to build a program script. You can run the script to see how it works and edit it if it needs adjusting. Then, at the touch of a button, Mr Bit controls the BBC micro:bit via super-fast Bluetooth wireless without the need of connecting wires. In Control mode the iPad screen simultaneously shows how your program is working in the micro:bit. With Transfer mode you can send the program code to the micro:bit allowing it to run independently.
Mr Bit is a valuable tool for developing the logical thinking required in conventional computer languages.
The app comes fully equipped with:
• Tutorials - helping you start building and programming different types of control system
• Exercises – helping you learn how to create a variety of activities with the BBC micro:bit
• Experiments – helping you to get started with using external sensors and controlling devices connected to the BBC micro:bit
• Projects – Ideas for working models which you can build and control with the BBC micro:bit
• Example control systems - illustrating different types of programs for the BBC micro:bit
Ideal for Key Stages 2 & 3.
New features added:
•Controls for detecting micro:bit 'gestures' such as 'shaken'
•On-screen buttons for controlling a micro:bit from the iPad
•Functionality for controlling two-wheeled buggy vehicles
•Customised connections for GVS Breakout board and RoboBit and Kitronik buggy interfaces
•Functionality for communication between two or more micro:bits via radio
•Improvements to Tutorials and Exercises
•Driver for ultrasonic distance sensors
Improved Bluetooth communication
Improved compass calibration
Miscellaneous improvements to user interface
Ratings and Reviews
In a world in which we are trying to encourage females to enter a male dominated world, we end up with an app called Mr Bit. Seriously people, did you not consider this?
Please change the name..someone who cares.
- Laurence Rogers
- 71.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch)Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation) and iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Insight Resources
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.