Instapaper is the simplest way to save and store articles for reading: offline, on-the-go, anytime, anywhere, perfectly formatted.
Instapaper for macOS provides an optimized text view that makes reading Internet content a clean and uncluttered experience. Instapaper also enhances the standard reading experience with features like text-to-speech.
Instapaper has been inducted into the iPhone and iPad Hall of Fame, received Macworld Editor's Choice Award, and has also been featured in publications including Wired, TIME, Daring Fireball, and The Verge, among others.
- Strip away all clutter and save the content of web pages into iOS-optimized formatting.
- Read anywhere! No internet, no problem: access your articles on airplanes, subways, elevators, or away from Internet connections.
- Control every aspect of your reading experience with a variety of font, color themes, and spacing options.
- Find that great quote you want to remember and share? Instapaper makes it easy to highlight and add notes to text in any article.
- Have your Instapaper articles narrated to you with text-to-speech. Just turn up the volume and relax!
- Sort your list of articles by popularity, date, and article length.
- Folders for easy organization.
Instapaper also offers an optional Instapaper Premium subscription for $2.99/month or $29.99/year. With Instapaper Premium you receive:
- Full-text search for articles in your account
- Unlimited highlights and notes.
- Text-to-speech Playlist to seamlessly listen to multiple articles.
- Unlimited use of the speed reading feature to help you get through articles up to 3x faster.
On sign up for Instapaper Premium, payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase. The subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your App Store account settings after purchase.
Terms of service: https://www.instapaper.com/terms
* Added support for Highlights & Notes!
* Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
does the trick!
exactly what i was looking for! i used to faff around inefficiently saving .pdf files to various folders from online sources, but now i can just save articles instantly for reading at a later date or to the app’s archive. i think i used to have an alternative (maybe pocket) but the interface of whatever it was put me off completely. instapaper, on the other hand, has a neat, clean interface perfectly suited to its purpose i.e. it doesn’t detract from the content, which is obviously the focus. the chrome extension is a great feature and instantaneous! my only reservation so far is: when sorting files in the app there is a filter for how much you have read, but it is based on reading time. so, if you are a fast reader, then it will log an article as unread, then sort accordingly. maybe i just haven’t worked it out yet, but it hasn’t been a useful filter so far. perhaps there’s an alternative method for filtering the content. could be by percentage of article scrolled through or something? who knows! anyway, it’s certainly not enough to dock a star. highly satisfied!
Multi platform makes this essential
I jog between Windows and Mac platforms as well as iOS. Having something I can store useful webpages to follow up later with is absolutely fantastic. Sure, I could propose some additional functions – but frankly, this is a great app and I’m seriously thinking about setting up the monthly subscription to utilise the additional functionality of search and annotation.
Removes historic highlights
I use Instapaper mainly for long reads, often pieces that take longer than half an hour to get through. Highlights are important for me, because with highlights I can easily get to the relevant parts of the piece quickly. Recently I noticed that the highlights have not been staying. With the latest update it’s removed more, but only with this update have a received an official notification to say that I’m over the limit of free highlights. I don’t remember this being a feature before, but naturally I feel as if my time has been robbed from me, and pieces which I thought were well highlighted are now bare. To add insult to injury, you can’t even subscribe to premium within the app; you can’t even view the prices for subscription within the app. Terrible.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Instant Paper, Inc.
- 17.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Instant Paper, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Instapaper Premium £2.29
- Instapaper Premium £22.99