InterpreterNow is an online service that offers deaf people video access to qualified BSL Interpreters so that they can then communicate with hearing people at any time, and anywhere in the UK.
InterpreterNow offers experienced British Sign Language interpreters from across the UK, all of them fully qualified and trained to deliver a first class service.
The National Deaf Health Charity, SignHealth owns InterpreterNow and we believe that all deaf and hard of hearing people in the UK should be able to easily communicate with essential public and private services - for FREE.
Whether a deaf person speaks or signs, InterpreterNow makes communication easier for everyone involved. The InterpreterNow App enables deaf and hearing people to communicate with each other, instantly.
The InterpreterNow App is FREE to download. Customers using the App can connect with Sign Language interpreters from their smartphone or tablet at home, at work or on the move while connected to 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi. It is vital that customers ensure they have a good connection to the internet.
Easy setup – you need to register with InterpreterNow at i-now.uk and you will automatically receive an email with your username and password. You use these to login to the InterpreterNow App and then you can see the services you can contact through InterpreterNow.
The technical name for what we do is called Video Relay, but we like to think of it as having an Interpreter in your pocket!
- InterpreterNow App is FREE to download.
- Registered users can make instant BSL interpreted phone calls from their smartphone or tablet at home, at work or on the move while connected to 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi.
- Deaf-to-Deaf video calls are FREE. Registered InterpreterNow users can make video calls direct to each other on ANY smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Hearing people can make phone calls to deaf people! By registering and subscribing to InterpreterNow, hearing people can call any deaf InterpreterNow App user.
- Video Mail – watch video messages from your contacts if you miss a call.
- Contacts – Call any of your contacts with just one click!
- Call History – see all calls you’ve made or missed.
- Automatic rotation – video view adjusts automatically on any device, whichever way you hold it.
InterpreterNow Version 2.0
Version 2.0 of the InterpreterNow app brings changes to the aesthetic look and feel of the app, as well as performance upgrades and bug fixes.
App is locked in portrait mode whilst in menus. Portrait or landscape is available when making a video call.
App is locked in landscape mode whilst in menus. Portrait or landscape is available when making a video call.
- Aesthetic changes in menus and login screen
- Faster loading times
- Bug fixes in menus
- Bug fixes during calls
- Video call quality upgrade
Ratings and Reviews
I let you know I tried to open and new username and password many time it not is good it waste time and it can't like password because I am on stroke. I am deaf.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.