The International SOS Assistance App is an essential tool for you to make the most of your membership with International SOS. It is available exclusively to members whose organization offers the app to their travelers and expatriates. With the Assistance App, travelers and expatriates have a world of capability in their hand as it is the only medical and travel security app that is integrated into our global assistance infrastructure. The app is now available in English, French, German, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
• Call for Assistance anytime– including before you even log in. You will reach your closest of our 26 Assistance Centres around the globe 24/7.
• Access mobile-friendly medical and travel security information and country guides to prepare before trips or expatriate assignments.
• Save up to 25 countries for quick access to frequently traveled destinations
• Instant and interactive access to the latest medical and security alerts for your current location or next destination. Receive push notifications for those alerts right to your device.
• App will display your travel itineraries for members using International SOS’ TravelTracker solution - requires login via email.
• App works in airplane mode after your first successful login, read cached alerts while offline
Logging In & Personalization:
• Login via your corporate/organizational email address – no need to memorise membership numbers
• If you would rather login with your personal email address, you will simply be prompted to enter your membership number
• Create your Profile once logged in to ensure your opt-in mobile check-ins alert your company of your trip’s milestones.
• Your completed profile also allows you customized service when you call the Assistance Centre via the Assistance App.
Overall Improvements in Design, Usability and User Experience
Assistance App v6.0 is a major overhaul of the look and functionality of the app. The re-imagined International SOS Assistance App v6.0 features a sleek, modern design and enhanced navigation capability. The smoother, experience will makes it easier to plan for your travel, see relevant alerts, and connect with the Assistance Center when needed.
With this release, users will experience a complete visual refresh for better usability as well as general bug fixes and security enhancements. Enhanced geolocation capabilities provide a clearer distinction between your current location and places you plan to visit.
Other enhancements include a more intuitive onboarding process, simplified navigation, revamped location and search pages.
Ratings and Reviews
Not a lot of use
The app seems to think I am permanently in the USA. Lots of great traffic information for Illinois but that's of limited use when I'm 3500 miles away living in the UK. The check-in option didn't seem to work and I can't see a search facility to check on countries for forthcoming trips. Looks to me that they feel like they have to have an app on this day and age but have put little effort into it and created a token app.
Update forgets password
I do a lot of foreign travel and almost every time I need to use this app it has been updated since last use and forces me to log in.
So what, we'll the password policy forces some characters resulting in me never being able to log in without first re setting my password.
I would hate this to happen when I'm under pressure and need help immediately.
An easy fix would be for the app to behave like almost all other apps by cashing the password even through an update.
Very slow and poor features
The interface with opening up alerts consistently takes 30-60secs to load and fails often. The maps given in the alerts are fixed scale and therefore too small to make out locations of danger areas. The current alerts for the HK disturbances are infrequent and not up to date. This app has too many glitches to feel like a tool you can rely on when there trouble. I use other sources of information like the local news to understand where problems are.
- International SOS Assistance, Inc.
- 129.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 International SOS Assistance
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.