At last, an App that addresses a recurring problem, namely how autistic candidates often struggle to perform well in job interviews where the situation seems loaded against them from start to finish with such challenges as:
- Tricky small talk / ice-breaker at the start
- Lack of clear structure
- Insufficient processing time & Information overload
- Not knowing questions in advance
- Uncertainty about reasonable adjustments
- Ambiguous questions
- Uncertainty about what questions to ask
- Too many nuances
- Body language and eye contact challenges
- Sensory challenges
- Not knowing when to speak
- Keeping on track and getting the pace right
- Handling anxiety & the dreaded meltdown
- How to confirm / follow up
- To disclose or not disclose
Many autistic job seekers report that they can “do the job, they just can’t do the interview!” so organisations miss out on outstanding talent. The diversity of thinking & approach of autistic individuals needs to be valued and harnessed. With the right support, their job interviews do not have to be derailed. This App, containing over 100,000 words providing 100’s of tips, addresses this. Autistic people have helped in the development of the App, having provided accounts of the problems that they face as well as providing tips.
Whilst aimed primarily at autistic individuals, others who are part of the neurodiverse community may also gain some benefit from the App. There is a huge section for interviewers too!
Trailer showing the problem that the App addresses:
Trailer showing some key screens of the App:
Who is the App for?
- Autistic / neurodiverse job interviewees
- Interviewers themselves
- HR / talent acquisition managers
- Those in the Employability / supported employment sector
- Disability employment advisors
- Neurodiversity educators
- Career advisors at schools; colleges; academies & universities
- Speech / occupational therapists
- Autism / neurodiversity support organisations
- Training organisations
- Internship & apprenticeship providers
- Recruitment organisations
- Job coaches
- Helps autistic job interviewees deal with multiple aspects of the job
interview so that they can TAKE CONTROL and get over the interview
- Helps interviewers understand & recognise the challenges that
autistic interviewees face & solutions offered in a huge section just
- Highly targeted on a real & often unaddressed problem and based on
- Draws on real observations & lived experience of autistic interviewees
- Does just not identify problems & challenges – provides solutions
- Autism friendly user experience with personalisation of background
- Easy navigation
- Information about autism disclosure & reasonable adjustments
- Shows how to confirm interview effectively
- Shows how to handle phone screening
- Shows how to prepare for the interview
- Helps with dress / body language / eye contact aspects
- Helps with speaking issues & the initial ice-breaker
- Goes over typical interview questions that can stump autistic
- Suggests good questions to ask
- Helps with selling yourself
- Provides help with anxiety, overload & meltdown
- Provides useful checklists
- Provides meditation sounds & video resources
- Facility for user to write down their own practice notes
- Has a multi-choice test
- Provides templates for introduction & follow up emails
Who is AutiQuest?:
AutiQuest is a division and trading name of Centa Co Ltd, a company registered in the UK (Co. No. 6851455) est. in 2009 which runs a local authority contracted day centre.
Website - autiquest.com
Twitter - @Autiquest
Reviews & feedback:
Download the App &, if you like it, please rate with 5 stars.
PLEASE take your time to add your comment with your App review which we will respond to.
Suggestions or queries? email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CENTA-CO LTD
- 191.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- AutiQuest © 2021
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.