Practice makes perfect. iReal Pro offers an easy-to-use tool to help musicians of all levels master their art. It simulates a real-sounding band that can accompany you as you practice. The app also lets you create and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference.
~One of Time Magazine's 50 Best Inventions of 2010~
Used by thousands of music students, teachers and some of the world’s top music schools such as Berklee College of Music and Musicians Institute.
“It’s the perfect technology for a practicing musician: high-quality digital audio, mixable, transposable into any key and completely mobile. Now every aspiring musician has a backup band in their pocket.” – Tim Westergren, Pandora Founder
• It's a Book:
Create, edit, print, share and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference while practicing or performing.
• It's a Band:
Practice with a realistic sounding piano (or guitar), bass and drum accompaniments for any downloaded or user-created chord chart.
Have a virtual band accompany you as you practice
• Choose from the included 50 different accompaniment styles (Swing, Ballad, Gypsy Jazz, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Funk, Reggae, Bossa Nova, Latin,...) and 12 blues styles available as a one-time In-App purchase
• Personalize each style with a variety of sounds including piano, Fender Rhodes, acoustic and electric guitars, acoustic and electric basses, drums, vibraphone, organ, and more
• Record yourself playing or singing along with the accompaniment
Play, edit, and download any songs you want
• 1000s of songs can be downloaded from the forums in a few simple steps
• Edit existing songs or create your own with the Editor
• The Player will play any song that you edit or create
• Create multiple editable playlists
Improve your skills with the included chord diagrams
• Display guitar, ukulele tabs and piano fingerings for any of your chord charts
• Look up piano, guitar and ukulele fingerings for any chord
• Display scale recommendations for each chord of a song to help with improvisations
Practice in the way, and at the level, that you choose
• Includes 50 exercises for practicing common chord progressions
• Transpose any chart to any key or to number notation
• Loop a selection of measures of a chart for focused practicing
• Advanced practice settings (automatic tempo increase, automatic key transposition)
• Global Eb, Bb, F and G transposition for horn players
Share, print, and export – so your music follows you wherever you need it!
• Share individual charts or whole playlists with other iReal Pro users via email and the forums
• Export charts as PDF and MusicXML
• Export audio as WAV, AAC and MIDI
• Upload your songs and playlists to iCloud for safekeeping and for synchronization across any of your iCloud enabled devices such as iPhone, iPad or Mac
Always backup your songs!
New in 2020.7.1:
- Minor bug fixes
New in 2020.7:
- Updated Cuba-Son Montuno 2-3 and 3-2 styles
- Improve search with high quality results at the top
- Fixed Pop RnB Rhodes part going out of sync on long songs
- Change guitar part in Blues Lucille to play long notes with 4 chords per measure
- Fix issue with songs in 7/4 and 9/8 time signatures not playing a drum crash at the beginning of song sections
- Improved voicing selection for keyboard and guitar instruments to avoid really high and low registers
- Fixed volume getting louder with distortions when adding reverb in the mixer
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
could be better maybe, but still very useful
only just started with this, but have found it very helpful for practice, also for the editing facility which allows for reharmonisation of standards. it’s a bit basic in terms of the chords on offer but has most options people would generally use. the continuity of the bass lines are a bit random, so room for potential improvement there perhaps, and the display is narrow with 4 chords to the bar becoming pretty illegible if there’s any complexity. still, no real complaints for the price and practicality.
Great tool for teaching and practice
The speed and immediacy of iReal Pro , plus the helpful team behind it, make it a must for musicians of many levels. For those who remember when there was only a record or tape of backing trax, with which to practice, it makes me wonder why any young player has an excuse not play great !!!
Those who complain about choice of chords, or other ‘musical’ subjective aspects, I’d say get out there and find out how it works in the real world where often there’s less to relay on, and usually little of the flexibility key wise, and tempo wise of iReal Pro!
Also a great teaching aid.
I contacted support who immiediately responded and sent me a beta version that solved my issue - works great now. I believe they will be rolling releasing a version with the fix at somepoint, but I'm happy to be using the beta for now.
With regards to the app, it is perfect for my practice needs. However, I do have some ideas for features:
1. Enhanced search: search leadsheets by chord type. Often I want to be able to practice a particular chord scale or focus on a particular type of harmony, but don't want to play over the same progression. So, it would be nice to be able to search by chord or progression.
2. Improved backing part sounds: some of the sample based instruments used sound very cheap - competitors like Band in a Box have better quality backing tracks.
3. Infinite repeats: currently the limit is 30.
Developer Response ,
We apologize for the inconvenience. Are you still having this issue? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- Technimo LLC
- 51.6 MB
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Technimo LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Blues style backing tracks £3.99
- Chord Scales
- Guitar Chords
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.