iThoughts - Mind Map 17+
Mindmap, Brainstorm & Plan
iThoughts is a mindmapping tool for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch (Mac and Windows versions also available.)
Mindmapping enables you to visually organise your thoughts, ideas and information.
Not sure if iThoughts is right for you? Try the free iThoughts2go app first.
• Task lists.
• Project planning.
• Goal setting.
• Course Notes/Revision.
• Meeting Notes.
Import and export to and from many of the most popular desktop application formats:
• OPML (OmniOutliner, Scrivener etc.)
• Excel/Numbers (CSV)
• Plain/rich text
• ...plus import only support for CMAP, Scapple, Mindmeister, Mindnode, Mindmapper, SimpleMind and MyThoughts
• MS Powerpoint/Keynote (PPTX)
• MS Word/Pages (DOCX)
• MS Project (XML)
• Website (HTML + attachments)
• Flashcard (Quizlet.com / Cram.com)
• Things (Task Management App)
• iCloud Calendar/Reminders
• iOS Document Picker (to enable iCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive access)
• Dark Mode
• Drag and Drop
• Full page screenshots
• Multitasking (side by side windows)
• Handoff (start editing a map on one device - finish up on another)
• Send and open email attachments
• Share (Twitter, Facebook and other apps e.g. GoodReader, Keynote, Pages etc.)
• Cut/Copy/Paste within and between maps and other apps (e.g. Mail, Safari and Notes etc.)
• Upload and download community generated maps from Biggerplate
• iOS handwriting to text (scribble) support
Flexible Topic Attributes:
• Colour / Shape
• Images / Icons
• Rich text (using Markdown)
• Hyperlinks (websites, other maps, other topics)
• Callouts / Floating topics
• Boundaries / Groups
• Named relationships between topics
• Style support (predefined collections of colors, fonts, shapes etc.)
• Assign start/due date, effort, progress, priority and resources
• Email task reports (by project, by resource)
Advanced Mindmap Features:
• Multiple layouts (horizontal, vertical, fishbone etc.)
• Multiple link styles (curved, tapered, right angled etc.)
• Embedded documents (PDF, XLS, DOC etc)
• Over 100 builtin icons and 90 clipart images.
• Over 30 background canvas patterns (with option to import more.)
• 14 system 'Map Styles' (with option to import more.)
• Doodle (finger drawing)
• Multiple topic selection
• Search and Replace text within topics and notes.
• Filter topics (text, date etc)
• External bluetooth keyboard support.
• External Projector support
• Rule based sorting - including option to sort continuously
• Encrypted, password protected maps (integrated with TouchID and FaceID)
• Outline View
• Topic Summaries
• Conditional Formatting
Please visit the website for more information, screenshots and videos.
• Cost label configurable in Style settings
• Expand/collapse multiple selected topics
Ratings and Reviews
Stellar App; Frequent Updates; Unbelievable Value🏆
Can’t believe it’s taken me this long to tell everyone what a fantastic app this is. It includes everything you need without the clutter and fluff seen elsewhere that often interrupts the flow of ideas.
If you want to embellish your maps you can do so to your hearts content, and there’s every option under the sun for exporting and importing between applications whether it’s other mind mapping software or a long list of text your trying to explore. I’ve used this application for process flows; writing quick agendas for meetings; taking meeting notes and exploring new business ideas. I’ve had more value out of this software (constant updates for a one off cost which is rare these days) than any other application. I often take 5 star reviews with a pinch of salt, but I just can’t say enough of about this app.
Developer Response ,
Been playing with this for about a half hour, and can safely say I’m blown away by the usability, look and feel, functionality, and just general grooviness of this app. I’ve tried a *lot* of mind mapping apps in my time, and this one is by far the most easy and enjoyable to use.
I don’t often post reviews of apps, and I’m certainly not prone to hyperbole, but finding this app has made my day. I use mind mapping mostly to plot my books, and I’m actually looking forward to doing that in this app.
For £10, not only can I not fault it, I’m gobsmacked at what I got for my money.
Disaster lost all my maps and it still does not work.
Have been a keen and enthusiastic user for years. V6 dimmed out all all my maps any new maps created went the same way. Rebooted my iPad more times than you can imagine to try to fix. Finally after web search told to delete and reboot iPad to fix. Did that, thought my maps were saved but not the case. Lost my many years of maps. AND...... same problem!!!!
Scratching around to find a new mindmap app as I use mind mapping as my primary means of note taking at meetings. IThoughts feels like a lost cause for me currently after soo many years of great use.
Did not know I had two versions of iThoughts. I have now deleted the HD version and now it works. Unfortunately I followed the advice on the web search and deleted the app then reinstalled it and lost the original maps. Ce la vie. But I am up and running again.
Developer Response ,
Sorry about this. You need to delete the old iThoughtsHD app (blue and orange icon) There is an issue in iOS where only one app can ‘own’ a file type - which is why the maps were dimmed out.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- toketaWare ltd
- 47.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2014 toketaWare Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.