iThoughts is a mindmapping tool for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch (Mac and Windows versions also available.)
Mindmapping enables you to visually organise your thoughts, ideas and information.
Not sure if iThoughts is right for you? Try the free iThoughts2go app first.
• Task lists.
• Project planning.
• Goal setting.
• Course Notes/Revision.
• Meeting Notes.
Import and export to and from many of the most popular desktop application formats:
• OPML (OmniOutliner, Scrivener etc.)
• Excel/Numbers (CSV)
• Plain/rich text
• ...plus import only support for CMAP, Scapple, Mindmeister, Mindnode, Mindmapper, SimpleMind and MyThoughts
• MS Powerpoint/Keynote (PPTX)
• MS Word/Pages (DOCX)
• MS Project (XML)
• Website (HTML + attachments)
• Flashcard (Quizlet.com / Cram.com)
• Things (Task Management App)
• iCloud Calendar/Reminders
• Integrates with Files app (to enable iCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive access)
• Drag and Drop
• Multitasking (side by side windows)
• Spotlight Search
• Handoff (start editing a map on one device - finish up on another)
• Send and open email attachements
• Share (Twitter, Facebook and other apps e.g. GoodReader, Keynote, Pages etc.)
• Cut/Copy/Paste within and between maps and other apps (e.g. Mail, Safari and Notes etc.)
• Upload and download community generated maps from Biggerplate
Flexible Topic Attributes:
• Colour / Shape
• Images / Icons
• Rich text (using Markdown)
• Hyperlinks (websites, other maps, other topics)
• Callouts / Floating topics
• Named relationships between topics
• Style support (predefined collections of colors, fonts, shapes etc.)
• Assign start/due date, effort, progress, priority and resources
• Email task reports (by project, by resource)
Advanced Mindmap Features:
• Multiple layouts (horizontal, vertical, fishbone etc.)
• Multiple link styles (curved, tapered, right angled etc.)
• Embedded documents (PDF, XLS, DOC etc)
• Over 100 builtin icons and 90 clipart images.
• Over 30 background canvas patterns (with option to import more.)
• 10 system 'Map Styles' (with option to import more.)
• Doodle (finger drawing)
• Multiple topic selection
• Search (map names, topics, notes, links) across all maps.
• Filter (modified time etc)
• External bluetooth keyboard support.
• External Projector support (in addition to mirroring)
• Rule based sorting - including option to sort continuously
• Encrypted, password protected maps (integrated with TouchID and FaceID)
• Outline View
Please visit the website for more information, screenshots and videos.
• iOS13 fixes
• Custom topic numbering
• Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Outline view?! Is there even any competition now?
With a clever implementation of, ‘outline view’ the best mind-mapper on iOS just casually became next level awesome. Most iOS mind mappers just aren’t that well executed and still fewer have quality desk top counterparts. And those that do tend to charge old school prices for them as they can’t accept it isn’t 1999 anymore. In ‘iThoughts’ we have a multi-platform, innovative, quality app with real power behind it. It is well established and has quality support too.
Developer Response ,
Disaster lost all my maps and it still does not work.
Have been a keen and enthusiastic user for years. V6 dimmed out all all my maps any new maps created went the same way. Rebooted my iPad more times than you can imagine to try to fix. Finally after web search told to delete and reboot iPad to fix. Did that, thought my maps were saved but not the case. Lost my many years of maps. AND...... same problem!!!!
Scratching around to find a new mindmap app as I use mind mapping as my primary means of note taking at meetings. IThoughts feels like a lost cause for me currently after soo many years of great use.
Did not know I had two versions of iThoughts. I have now deleted the HD version and now it works. Unfortunately I followed the advice on the web search and deleted the app then reinstalled it and lost the original maps. Ce la vie. But I am up and running again.
Developer Response ,
Sorry about this. You need to delete the old iThoughtsHD app (blue and orange icon) There is an issue in iOS where only one app can ‘own’ a file type - which is why the maps were dimmed out.
Past issues resolved ... A Great mindmapper
Comprehensive mind mapper with lots of output options. Good layout and functions. Clean interface
Slick to use once used to it.... Something like adding notes to branches is right there under your nose even though it's not obvious to start with. This is great .. Keeps the focus on the map itself.
Loads of task/progress type options
Doodle sub-app isn't bad either
More hours to spend on it but the previous problems I used to suffer from seem to have been resolved now :)
Looking good and now heading to be my go to mind mapping app even after having sat firmly in another camp for some time. Given 4* for now but reckon 5*s is probably where I will end up
Keep up this great work ... And please don't succumb to a subscription based pricing model like some others...
- toketaWare ltd
- 59.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © toketaWare 2015
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.