iTunes U provides everything an instructor needs to bring the classroom together on iPad — build lessons with apps and your own materials, collect and grade assignments, start class discussions, or talk to students to answer questions and provide feedback.
iTunes U also allows anyone with an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to learn from a large collection of free education content in public courses from leading schools, universities, museums and cultural institutions.
• Plan lessons, grade assignments and stay connected — direct from your iPad
• Add your own teaching materials — including worksheets, links, photos and videos from a variety of document providers
• Engage every learner using apps, books, videos, podcasts and more
• Add instructions or comments to PDFs and photos with built-in annotation tools
• See when students have viewed or completed assignments and remind them of due assignments
• Use the single-student view for individual attention at parents’ evenings
• Answer questions and provide video feedback or start class debates using group discussions
• Institutions using Apple School Manager and Managed Apple IDs can import registers to streamline course creation
• Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions can publish courses to the iTunes U catalogue for anyone to view for free on iOS devices
• View assignments and updates in one place, and tick off assignments you complete
• Submit your work in private courses from other apps, or as annotated PDFs and photos
• Open audio or video files directly in other apps
• Ask instructors questions or get feedback in 1:1 messages
• Start or join group discussions with your class
• View your grades and instructor feedback on all past assignments
Browse a rich catalogue of free education content:
• Choose from a variety of free lectures, videos, books and more on a range of subjects from leading educational and cultural institutions around the world, including Stanford, MIT, Yale, La Trobe University, University of Tokyo, Smithsonian Libraries, US National Theatre and more.
• Share your favourite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail and Messages
iTunes U stores information about your activity in the app, such as materials you upload. To improve the app, iTunes U collects non-personally identifiable information related to app usage and browsing history of public content. Data is retained until an action is taken to remove it by any of the means provided.
• Participating in courses requires iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
• Built-in PDF or photo annotation requires iPad (4th generation or later) or iPad mini 2 or later
• Publishing public courses to iTunes U requires teachers to be affiliated with a qualified institution
This update includes minor stability improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I know that iOS 5.1.1 is a long gone extinct dinosaur, but would it be that hard to allow compatibility with the iTunes U store api?
I have an iPad 1st gen perfect for iTunes U and lately I can’t enter any course on the store, which makes it impossible to subscribe to the course.
We students don’t swim in money and and iPad 1 is perfectly capped of playing iTunes U videos and open it’s pdfs.
And no it’s not my iPad, I’ve restored it and now I can’t even go back to my previous courses because iCloud sync won’t work on iOS.
Please update the apis to be compatible with legacy software even if you won’t update the app.
How am I only discovering this. I love Apple and all its products. I’ve just upgraded my phone from a 6 with a leap to the latest and rediscovering my love of Apple and what they make available.
As someone that is keen to learn something new as often as I can and particularly as I am creating my startup company this app is going to be indispensable. I have never used this before but have just started one course online and love how it allows me to type notes as I’m listening/watching. I’ve not yet figured out if I can watch and write notes without closing the video screen but either way it is incredible to have access at my fingertips to such a wealth of knowledge.
Thank you to everyone at Apple who makes their products and their outstanding customer service one for me to look to for inspiration.
Miles has to install the internet in its WiFi station because of the international WiFi has been called at my international WiFi 💮 because of the international WiFi has been called by my international members to 🈹we know how much of the international WiFi is the WiFi lasts longer life it will always last the time of year ㊗️because of the international WiFi has come to the best end of season to get the international WiFi because of the international WiFi has always happened forever ♾ had Fujitsu laptops 💻🈵❗️
- Apple Distribution International
- 40.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Apple, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.