The Jaguar InControl Remote Smartphone App allows you to remain in touch with your Jaguar, making life easier when it really counts. Use the app to remotely:
• Prepare for a trip by checking the fuel level, range and dashboard alerts
• Locate your vehicle on a map and get walking directions back to it
• Check if you left any windows or doors open
• Download your journey information to assist in claiming business expenses
• In the event of a breakdown, request Optimised Jaguar Assistance
For vehicles with InControl Remote Premium (including F-TYPE) the following additional features are available:
• Check on your vehicle security status and lock/unlock your vehicle if required
• Cool or heat your vehicle to the desired temperature prior to your journey.(Availability and function depending on vehicle capability)
• Reset your vehicle’s alarm if it has accidentally triggered
• Locate your vehicle in a crowded car park with the ‘beep and flash’ functionality
Download the App and log in using your Jaguar InControl username and password. This App requires one of the following packages fitted to the vehicle:
• InControl Protect
• InControl Remote
• InControl Remote Premium
For further information, including which models Jaguar InControl Protect is available on, visit www.jaguarincontrol.com
If you do not currently own a Jaguar fitted with Jaguar InControl Protect you can still install this App and try the demo mode.
Now you can do all of this even from your Apple Watch. Be advised that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
For technical assistance visit the owners section of www.jaguar.com
[new] Security Certificate Update
We upgraded the interface between the app and “the cloud”. Please note that this is a mandatory update and that previous versions of the app will stop working shortly.
Please update to the new version as soon as possible.
Ratings and Reviews
Room for improvement
I’ve got a Jaguar XE and this connects well to the vehicle providing an update on vehicle status, check mileage and location, and ideal for winter months is the ability to pre-warm the car. There are some real flaws however:
- The app regularly logs you out for no reason. This removes much of the convenience. Why not add fingerprint recognition is it’s a security issue? Surely the notifications don’t work when you’ve been booted out either? Eg your alarm is going off right now!!
- The pre-warming only controls the air conditioning. You can’t control the heated seats or front/rear windows which is what you really want most!!
- When the car is over 3yrs old you’ll need to pay for the service. Would I bother? Definitely not!! Thankfully I will be handing the car back at this point but for anyone thinking of keeping longer term better beware!!
InControl Remote- brilliant!!
I have been using this app since I picked up my new XF S (with ConnectPro) on 28th Feb 2019. Was easy to set up and register and worked well from the off. Love the features especially the journey log (very useful) and comprehensive vehicle health report - that remotely tells you everything from tyre pressures and brake pad wear to fluid levels etc. Have even used the Remote Climate to warm up the car on a particularly frosty morning!! App tells you where your car is parked and how to get to it etc. Can’t fault it really!! I don’t understand some of the comments here regards the performance, reliability and functionality of this app- I’ve not had a single issue with it to date and it is responsive and reliable. One guy mentioned lack of Satnav setup on the app- there is another app for this ‘Jaguar Route’- which works equally well and enables you to remotely set up journeys which are then available in-car when you set out!
Jaguar InControl App is very temperamental
I’ve got a Jaguar XE and this app is meant to enable you to connect to your vehicle and receive updates on the cars status such as, mileage, location and whether the doors are locked. The best feature (when it’s working) is the ability to start the engine and warm the car when the weather is cold the downside to this is it doesn’t activate the heated seats which is an oversight by JLR as this what you want on a cold morning. Another omission is the ability to set your Satnav from your phone as the Satnav does take quite a long time to boot up once you get in the car. The main issues with this app are 1, if regularly logs you out. 2, It frequently fails to connect to the car and finally since updating my iPhone to iOS 12.1.4 the app has completely stopped working which if you’ve owned the car for more than 3 years you’ll be paying a subscription for this service that doesn’t work!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Jaguar Cars Limited
- 122.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Armenian, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2014 Jaguar
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.