John Scott Yoga is John's first foray into spreading his teaching and knowledge of the Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga in the form of a digital App
The source material comes with John's official approval and combines his existing DVD material and teacher training course notes in a new and portable format. The application focuses on the Vinyasa Count, the mantra of the Ashtanga practice, with John's instructional audio track playing over images from his highly acclaimed Ashtanga DVD
This Universal Application features:-
- Video introduction to the Ashtanga Practice
- Primary Series vinyasa count from the Internationally acclaimed John Scott Primary Series DVD
- Audio Teaching chant with John - Updated versions of the Practice and Closing Mantras with John and as call and response
- Vinyasa Count Quiz with 8 levels of difficulty
- Quiz breakdown to assist with directing your learning
- Inspirational Videos
- Sanskrit numbers and terms
- Embedded and online help and support
- Audio scrubbing for quick access to instructional information
- Asana details from John's teacher training course notes
- Access to John's online website
- Access to John's Facebook page
- Asana Flipcards
- Asana states for each asana
Additional In App Purchases :-
- John's famous practice charts (now free!!)
- Practice Builder
- Windows on a Practice (full workshop transcription)
- 5 step Focus 12 (led meditation)
This full version presents the Ashtanga Primary Series for review for existing students and as an introduction to those new to John's teachings. The application is not meant as a means of learning Yoga postures though it is presented as a means to introduce the student to the details and intricacies of the Vinyasa Count.
John highly recommends you find the guidance of a qualified teacher to help with your practice
Performance improvements and minor bug fixes
Many thanks to you all who kindly report it in your issues. We'll always try and respond in a timely manner but please bear with us while we work on bug fixes and getting these to you.
Ratings and Reviews
New version is brilliant
This app is perfect for developing a personal Ashtanga practice at home, and is a wonderful way of benefiting from the knowledge of one of the world’s foremost teachers. It will be useful to all levels of student, particularly if used as a practice aid between classes. I’ve been using it for a few weeks and am already feeling immense benefits. There were a few glitches in the earlier version but Graeme, the developer, couldn’t have been more helpful and has given brilliant personal back up to ensure it works on my OS. Highly recommended.
This app has many great features, one if them is
John's voice leading you through your practice. Another is the vinyasa count test and if you have been lucky enough to be taught by John personally you will know how important this is to know. Well worth the investment !
The John Scott Yoga app
This app is the perfect reference for students and teachers practicing and sharing ashtanga. It's provided me with a great foundation for the count, asana, sanskrit terms and mantras. The videos, imagery, and drawings really help with my visualisation of the practice too. I can't recommend it enough!
- Graeme Lunn
- 489.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © (C) John Scott, 2012-2018
- In-App Purchases
- Primary Series Charts Free
- John Scott 5 Steps Focused 12 £0.99
- Windows on a Practice £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.