Jonathan Yeo Studio is an experimental AR app which allows the user to visit the studio of one of the world’s leading portraitists, witness him painting the chef and campaigner Jamie Oliver over FaceTime and explore other hidden content.
Not only is it an innovative use of Augmented Reality by an artist, this is a unique opportunity to glimpse the artist’s working methods, watch a brand new type of artistic practice and hear some of the intimate and entertaining conversation which ensues. It also allows the user to freely move around the space and record their own photos and videos as if they were in the real studio.
This app has been developed and realised in-house by Jonathan Yeo and his team. We will continue to update the app with new elements in the coming months so please do check in again, and send us any suggestions, thoughts or feedback.
View trailer here:
- Augmented reality app that allows you to experience the enchanting and unique painting studio of one of the world’s leading portrait painters (in full 3D not just 360 capture)
- Eavesdrop on the previously unseen and private world of the portrait sitting with some entertaining insights
- Experience the studio as a “doll’s house” or at immersive full scale as if you are actually in the room
- Explore the entire space for further pieces of interactive content
- See the studio in your home environment and capture photographs and video content to share with others. The app also overlays images of people in your space to make it appear they are in the studio
- Simple finger gestures help to explore the AR environment
- Conceived and designed entirely by Jonathan Yeo’s studio with most UI elements hand drawn by the artist
- Simple and easy to navigate UI/UX
- Best used with headphones
- Direct feedback enabled
- iOS 14 crash fix
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best use of VR I’ve seen so far.
This is the first time I see Virtual Reality being used in such a creative and interesting way.
The app is a joy to use and searching around Yeo’s studio was a fun exploration. If you’ve ever been to a museum and wondered how those paintings were born - this app answers that question 👌🏼
Really interesting use of the technology
I liked the cameo from Brian Cox. The whole idea is fun and a must for art lovers.
The app is still a little flakey - it crashed twice in 5 minutes. I’m sure they’ll fix the issues when they get my crash reports back. Don’t let this stop you downloading the app - its fun and free so you’ve nothing to lose.
Best use of AR so far
Really enjoyed exploring this app and placing the studio in different locations. One of the best AR apps I’ve tried. Informative and fun videos. Can’t wait to see what further content is coming. Recommended
- Jonathan Yeo
- 235.3 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad (6th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (4th generation), iPad Air (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (8th generation), iPad (8th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular and iPod touch (7th generation).
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Jonathan Yeo
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.