KanjiBox is an offline Japanese studying application. It provides an efficient yet fun way to practice all aspects of Japanese (kana, kanji, vocab, reading, writing...) through drills, quizzes and flash cards, while providing engaging feedback through progress charts, scores and game-like "achievements" for each Japanese level.
KanjiDraw and KanaDraw add-ons harvest the full power of your device's touchscreen to guide you through proper Japanese handwriting, while detailed animated cards tell you everything you need to know on each kanji.
KanjiBox is particularly well suited for standardized test preparation (JLPT, Kanji Kentei, Ninja Academy etc.) but works great as a personal study tool too.
(check the link, below, for a video showing some of the features in action)
• Six training levels: JLPT N5 to JLPT N1, plus an extra "Sensei" level.
• Adaptative learning: focuses on your weak points and uses spaced repetition (SRS) techniques to help you learn faster.
• Live stats: let you measure your current level and gauge your progress.
• Online scoreboards and GameCenter achievements: compete globally against all KanjiBox users!
• Additional modules help you train your handwriting on kana and kanji using the touchscreen.
• Custom Study Sets let you pick your own set of vocabulary words or kanji to focus on.
• Over 6,000 kanji.
• Over 34,000 vocabulary words.
• Hiragana and katakana.
• Drill mode helps you train on kanji, vocabulary, word reading and kana.
• Quiz mode lets you log high scores and compete against friends.
• Study mode gives you customisable sets of flashcards.
- iOS 10 compatibility
- Small bug fixes
- Better font sizes
Ratings and Reviews
The most effective, intuitive and feature rich kanji app out there.
Kanjidraw is a superb upgrade well worth adding. The imiwa integration and the study set features are also excellent resources.
It could be even better with an in depth grammar section (the current section is in its infancy), a greater variety of quizzes e.g. non multiple choice, etc. However, it's still an unquestionable 5 star app as is.
Well worth the money
This is a very good app. It teaches you by the different JPLT levels so you know you're learning what you should be at your current academic level. When u get something wrong it displays/asks you more on that till you get it correct. The drills make learning a lot easier and the quizzes get progressively harder as time goes on e.g showing full explanation to just showing the kanji/kana symbols.
Overall this is an amazing buy and I highly recommend it to all those thinking of studying Japanese or are already learning as there is material to suit your needs. Ganbatte - good luck! がんばって！ ＼(^o^)／
Absolutely worth it.
As a Japanese language student, I find this app. incredibly useful. Whether you've got 15 minutes on the train, or an hour through lunch, with this app. you can simply jump straight in and do some practise. Often it will throw similar kanji, or words with very similar meanings at you to make sure you actually know the correct answer. For £1.79, this app. is a bargain. It has lots of features and is regularly updated. Definitely worth the buy, whether you're at a beginner, intermediate or advanced level.
- Dave duVerle
- 148.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © 2015 Dave duVerle
- In-App Purchases
- KanjiDraw £0.99
- KanaDraw £0.99
- Grammar - Beginner I: Particles £0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.