Kauldron is our warmest sounding, punchiest synth yet! A completely new modeling technology, combined with carefully designed features help you create aggressive synth sounds full of rich analog textures with the fewest knob tweaks. The result is a pure, head-on tone that requires little or no FX or post-production to sound big.
Kauldron pushes every available iOS technology to the max: it is not only fully universal (you can run it natively on your iPad and iPhone), but also an Audio Unit plugin. In fact, it is one of the first fullscreen AUv3 plugins for iOS: with iOS 11 and a compatible DAW, you can enjoy all the great Kauldron features on a nice, big spread.
Kauldron debuts the next generation of our Artificial Intelligence preset creation system, SPAWN². Completely reimagining the groundbreaking SPAWN algorithms in our hugely popular Magellan, the new SPAWN² gives you unprecedented control over generating presets. In the expert mode, you can accomplish anything from subtle ‘variations on a theme’ to bold new sounds. In the basic mode, where Kauldron does all the thinking, you get preset after usable preset with just a touch. This is not simple randomization: it is the power of machine learning put to benevolent use!
Kauldron is designed with modulation and fine dynamic control in mind. The two fully-featured LFOs and the mod envelope combine with a wide variety of MIDI learnable controls to manipulate multiple parameters. Everything is easily set up in a clearly laid out ‘mod matrix.’ The dual XY-pads can be used for controlling modulation or a wide range of synth parameters. MIDI aftertouch can be routed via the matrix for even greater control over expression and tonality.
Powerful arp with both live & program modes; comprehensive MIDI features with effortless MIDI learn; over 900 presets; recording, sharing, IAA, Audiobus 3, Ableton Link — these are just some of the features brewing inside Yonac’s Kauldron.
• 3 analog modeling oscillators w/ multiple waveforms & true PWM
• FM via Osc 2
• Maximizer module with drift, spread & voice count for huge, stereophonic all-synth sounds
• New vAnalog filter design w/ ‘dirt’ overload for even warmer, harmonically complex tones
• Dedicated filter ADSR envelope
• Filter tracking, contour & more
• Pink/white noise generator
• Osc. phase reset & sync
• Retro & modern glide algorithms
• Virtual VCA envelope with 2 attack types
• Poly/mono operation
• Legato mode for buttery smooth passages
• Extensive modulation options via the ‘mod matrix’
• 2 LFOs w/ BPM sync, keytracking, trigger mode & more
• Assignable mod envelope
• 23 mod targets
• 11 mod controllers, including aftertouch, velocity & keytracking
• 2 XY-Pads for controlling mod targets or synth parameters
• Arpeggiator with live & program modes, 11 algorithms, gate, swing, note value, octaving & more
• Stereo mod effect with chorus & flanger modes
• BPM-syncable stereo delay
• Studio quality reverb w/ 7 room types, damping, time & mix
• 900+ presets in a wide variety of styles & sounds
• Automatic preset generation via artificial intelligence
• Generate infinite new, usable presets at the touch of a button
• Expert mode lets specify Variation & Autonomy for each major synth module
• 3 unique A.I. algorithms
• Auto arp programming in any listed scale
• AUv3 - use as Audio Unit plugin on iPad & iPhone
• Fullscreen AU mode in compatible DAWs & iOS versions
• Extensive MIDI: MIDI learn, aftertouch, MIDI CC map save/share, KB mapping, program changes & more
• Inter-App Audio
• Audiobus 3
• Ableton Link
• Powerful YPAT2 preset management system
• Classic or ribbon key controller
• Ribbon controller: Poly aftertouch into Kauldron
• Ribbon controller: Settable musical key & scale
• Classic KB: Velocity w/ sensitivity setting
• Tapedeck: Record, loop & share
• Tap BPM
• iOS 10.3 & newer
• iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, iPhone 6, 6 Plus, & newer
Ratings and Reviews
Far from mediocre...
I spend far too much money on iPad synths, and I own all of the supposedly ‘latest and greatest’. I like Cauldron better than almost all of them. Why? Because not only is it so easy to programme, with a great mix of features, but it’s easy to get great sounds out of. If you’re a pre-set warrior and have no interest in programming your own patches, or if you have a brain like a computer and can intuitively predict what some of those complex and obscure features will sound like, this might not be for you, but if you want a solid, comprehensible easy-to-programme soft synth, give Cauldron a look.
I bought it on sale and it’s the best fiver I’ve spent in ages, but it’d still be a bargain at twice that price.
Really bang on
This sounds amazingly good endless sound production possibilities a steal at £4.99. My new favourite synth plenty of bottom end and that spawn button rounds things off nicely. Really easy to use and intuitive controls.
AUv3 implementation terrible
I really wanted to love this synth and as a standalone it sounds pretty good however, I only bought it to use in Cubasis/GarageBand as an Audio Unit Plug-in and although the description says it is an AUv3 it’s flaky at best. First up it just randomly crashes inside the host (both GarageBand and Cubasis) and also when you have multiple instances (in fact any other software synth loaded) when you play the midi controller keyboard it plays every single instance of it at the same time along with any other synth loaded even when the track is not armed - none of my other AUv3 plugins behave this way at all. The same happens with your KASPAR synth too so there is something inherently wrong somewhere.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.