"It's shocking Google never created this software on its own." -- Inc.
“Can’t miss app.” -- Mashable
Kiwi for Gmail 2.0 integrates all of G Suite (formerly Google Apps) with Gmail as the centerpiece. We turn Gmail and the rest of G Suite into a full-powered desktop client that takes everything you know and love about Gmail and apps such as Docs, Sheets and Slides, and add great new features – including the ability to simplify your life by seamlessly managing multiple Gmail accounts. Finally a solution for office productivity that competes with Microsoft Office 365.
Kiwi for Gmail 2.0 with G Suite revolutionizes Gmail by transforming not only the functionality and interface of Gmail itself, but also how it works with Google Apps. By providing multiple windows, desktop integration, and a simple, intuitive interface that allows you to quickly access each application, open new documents, and get back to recent documents with a single click, Kiwi for Gmail 2.0 now gives you all the great functionality of G Suite apps in a better way.
One of the most anticipated apps on Kickstarter in 2015 and two years in the making, Kiwi for Gmail delivers a sophisticated app that thoroughly integrates Gmail into your desktop experience in ways that simply aren’t possible in the browser. To do this, we rebuilt how Gmail functions on the desktop from the ground up to make it faster, easier to use, and more reliable.
Get started today and discover a whole new way to use Gmail and G Suite.
• Use Gmail as a desktop app, freed from the browser
• Reliable Multiple Accounts - Use up to 6 Gmail accounts simultaneously using an architecture that's more reliable than traditional Gmail
• Ability to use Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides as native, windowed desktop applications within Kiwi for Gmail
• Ability to open documents in their own windows so you can multi-task like never before using documents across applications and accounts
• Ability to open recent documents and quickly access Google Drive files across multiple accounts
• Intuitive new toolbar on the left side of the traditional Gmail interface provides quick access to all G Suite applications
• Saves all open document windows on exit and restores on relaunch, preserving window size, location, and account in the process
• Ability to open various file types directly within Kiwi for Gmail, including gsheet, gform, gdoc, gslides, gdraw, glink and gnote
• Offline access for Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides is in development
• Boomerang plugin fully supported
• Huge attachments - Send giant files using Google Drive, which is now so quick to do, it's even simpler than Dropbox.
• Powerful Keyboard Shortcuts - let you get to your email in a second.
• Important-Only Notifications - a desktop email first; use this optional feature and filter the noise right out of your email effortlessly.
• The Zen Switch(tm) - shut off all email notifications so you can focus, without shutting out the whole world.
• NOTE: Kiwi for Gmail does not have *offline support*, which is incompatible with serving all Gmail's features.
• NOTE: Kiwi for Gmail does not support Google's Inbox.
• Gmail as a Polished Desktop Experience - Windows for new messages, the calendar, Google Drive; Attach photos, documents, or whatever you want by just dragging them on; An inbox that works like a desktop application and not a strange menubar dropdown hybrid -- we've thought of everything.
• Gmail as your Default Email Client - It really works. Replace Mail and Outlook completely with Kiwi for Gmail - click an email in Contacts or the browser and it'll open one of our beautiful new email windows.
• Dock icon, Menubar dropdown, and full Inbox window.
• Gorgeous, simple New Message windows - Vastly improved over the browser.
• More Gmail plugins - We'll be integrating various third-party plugins in coming updates.
- Fix issue preventing certain accounts from logging in
Ratings and Reviews
Simple but pretty impressive
I used to be an apple mail user then I moved from gmail to gsuite. After problems with data migration with google I learnt that the reason apple mail was sooooo slow with gmail was becuase of too many imap requests. Google support told me to stop using it. I mention this in case you’re tired of apple mail being slow with gmail.
I’ve hunted many times for a good program for email but never come across Kiwi till now.
On the whole it takes the online gmail/gsuite stuff out of your browser and into it’s own program. This is great as it means you dont accidentally close it when you’re killing tabs in chrome/safari.
I use it with two accounts and swtiching is super simple. It’s as fast as the web browser (it might even be quicker actually).
I’ve not really got into using the google calendar or g suite apps yet but it all looks robust.
An interface redesign would have been nice but I’m getting used to the google interface and it seems that google will be doing this soon anyway.
I’ve been using this since it was in beta, and it’s improved vastly during that time. I initially was looking for something to manage multiple gmail accounts, because although the web client is fine, having multiple accounts means having multiple pinned tabs (or separate browser windows with different profiles loaded), and I found this to be cumbersome and fragile - quite often chrome forgets loaded tabs etc. Kiwi solves this problem, whilst providing the nice interface you get in the web. The only thing for me is I wish it also managed my non-gmail based email accounts now too!
Excellent suite of tools
I have previously always used Apple Mail however finding Kiwi for Gmail has been a revelation - not just because it was 100% free! It brings together mail, calendar and contacts and many of the other google apps, under a single intuitive interface. After a week or so of use I am convinced this will be my goto application and I have even found more features within Gmail as a result.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.