Create unlimited custom sweater knitting patterns (pullover or cardigan) with this fantastic knitting pattern app.
The app creates knitting patterns for any sweater or cardigan, for any gauge of yarn, to standard sizes or custom measurements.
Create knitting patterns for Women, Men, Babies and Children.
Patterns are produced as both written text and as schematic diagrams.
Patterns created are saved in a pattern list.
Written instructions and schematic diagrams can be printed with AirPrint, and saved as PDF. (PDF can be opened in other applications, e.g. Documents, iBooks).
Customisable features include :
• the yarn - input the gauge (tension) for any yarn
• body measurements, e.g. chest, waist, and hip size
• garment measurements, e.g. length, sleeve length, neckline size, armhole depth, rib length, cuff length, cuff size
• pullover or cardigan (zip or button fastening)
• choose from Raglan, Set-In or Drop Shoulder Armhole/Sleeve types
• neckline dimensions and neckline style: crew neck, V-neck, roll neck, funnel neck, or flat collar
• choose from close-fitting options with waist shaping, standard or loose fits or oversized
• garment ease (customisable for any shape)
• main stitch options - stocking stitch, rib stitch, moss stitch or any other stitch pattern with the option to centralise repeat patterns and central patterns, or to adjust stitch count for pattern repeats.
• rib options
• work in cm or inches
• use metric, US or old UK knitting needles
Small update to the measurements displayed on the schematic, to show the garment measurements (was previously showing the body measurements). This does not affect the number of stitches or rows, as these were correctly displayed.
This change will not affect the knitting instructions created by the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Well done for trying to tackle this challenge! I really like the schematic.
I think that it needs a few small modifications to turn it into something more workable. Currently I feel I need to print the pattern and write notes on it to make it work which is not the ethos of having an app.
In priority order;
It needs to be a little clearer that the app does not automatically add the ease.
It needs to handled asymmetrical repeat patterns that invert after the central point. E.g. K1P3 centre K1, then P3K1.
It should have an integrated row count knit tracker.
Would be nice to be able to force style modifications to size or at least enable the recording of notes for such modifications. Note that sometimes adding stitches to the repeat actually reduces the stitches in the pattern which is a little confusing.
Would be nice if it made yardage calculations so that the knitter can buy the right quantity (once a tension square has been made
Would be nice to record yarn care and construction notes.
Would be nice to be able to insert position of off centre motifs or designs, or again be able to make notes for embellishments.
Once a tension square is worked it would be nice to record the difference between outcome and the brand advice
I literally can't rate this app highly enough! I was sceptical at first but the results are totally perfect. As a fuller figured woman I've always struggled to find knitting patterns that fit properly and and often am disappointed with the results. This app lets you to knit the perfect jumper to fit YOU! So far I've knitted a close fitting jumper and a zipped cardigan and I can't believe how amazing the results are! Forget buying individual knitting patterns, this is all you need 😀😀😀
Love this app. I am not the fastest knitter, so when I knit I want it to be right. Can't go wrong here. I have just finished my 3rd and all of them have fitted perfectly.
Really love all the new updates too, makes me want to do another.
I feel like each one I make is unique to me.
Designer knits for me.
If you have any doubts about getting this app take my word for it, will save you time and yarn. Looking forward to winter and wearing my knitwear 💖🐑
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.